Heart of the cards

A girl sighed staring at the deep purple bruise forming on her face in the reflection of the mirror. The mirror’s reflection held a broken girl, black and purple matted hair, faded and new bruises littered her skin that was shown. She wore gym shorts and a wife beater her arms and legs littered with fading marks. The girl glared at herself in the mirror, her dull green eyes holding hatred for herself, and for the person who cast the bruises on her; her father. The catch was the girl who stood barefoot in the bathroom staring at herself in the mirror was me. Ren Saga. I sighed as I left the room my father now gone after a drunken beating. Probably back to some bar or something. I limped towards my room at the end of the hall. I reached it slowly closing the door and I collapsed on my bed reaching into the pillowcase and pulling out the last thing my mom got me before she killed herself. My dad started hitting me when I was 5, now 16 I’ve dealt with it for basically my whole life. My mother would sometimes just watch, or try to stop but winded up getting slapped. I remember Father was out one night and my mother came and set it under my pillow thinking I was asleep. Later that night she died. I logged onto the mini computer and opened the internet smiling a little. Thank god for neighbors with unprotected Wi-Fi. I went to a anime sight, scrolling down the list.

“Maybe I’ll watch Yu-Gi-Oh again.” I murmured to myself. I scrolled to the bottom of the page finding the name. I clicked it and waited for it to load and as it did I smiled when little Yugi’s face popped up with Anzu’s, Jonouchi’s, and Honda’s. (For those of you that are confused, Anzu is Tea, Jonouchi is Joey and Tristan is Honda.) I scrolled looking for season 1 episode 1 when something caught my eye. Yu-Gi-Oh Season 0 it said and I raised an eyebrow at it clicking it. I read the description thing as it held the pharaoh in Yugi’s body and I looked at his eyes to see almost a crazed expression in them, much different from the 4kids version or the original Japanese. It read it was the manga line. I sighed clicking back to the original.

“I already read the manga. Although it’ll be cool to watch I’ll watch it later.” I murmured again as I ran my hand through my purple hair getting it out of my eyes. I clicked the first episode and I sighed at the advertisements. I shivered as the temperature seemed to drop suddenly and I set the laptop top to the side as I got up and I pulled my gym shorts off and pulled on a pair of sweat pants shoving my phone and iPod in my pocket. I sat back on my bed and crisscrossed my legs setting the laptop down on them hoping the heat from it would warm my legs as the last advertisement ended. I watched as the golden sarcophagus came into view and smiled as it popped into the eye of Horus revealing the golden box holding the millennium puzzle. I yawned reading the subtitles as the scene changed to the millennium items falling and cut to Yugi holding the puzzle and I smiled. My smile lowered a little as I felt light headed all of a sudden. Maybe I’m catching the flu or something, I mean random coldness, lightheadedness. Weird. I shook the thought from my mind and looked back at the laptop screen. My smile grew back as the puzzle began to glow and Yami appeared taking over his body and the angle made him swirl, although it seemed as he swirled so did the world around me and has it suddenly focused on Yami everything went black.

So. I know its short guys. Sorry. But I thought it was a good place to stop at. Let me know how you like it and feedback=more chapters!