The Best of Two Dead Ends

Chapter 7

The Best of Two Dead Ends

~~~Tessie's P.O.V.~~~

"Why did you run away?" I question.

"I panicked." He replied back instantly.

"Why?"

"I'm not exactly sure. I was scared."

"Scared of what?"

"The future."

"What does that even mean?" I asked, even more confused than when I first started interrogating him, it's been about ten minutes since I invited him into my dorm.

My eyes are glued to him, watching his every movement for any indication that he is lying. He is currently sitting on the couch on my living room and I am sitting on the arm of the opposite side of the same couch. His hands are interlocked and he's rubbing the pads of his thumbs together with his other fingers interlocked. "I don't know how this is going to sound, but I don't mean this in an offensive way. I was looking forward to meeting my beloved. I really was, I knew that I was going to spend the rest of my life with that one person. However, the bigger part of me was dreading it. Dreading becoming an adult, or in other words, having to grow up. A beloved is a whole other person that I would need that I would need to look after and I'm not sure if I could. I have a hard time looking after myself, then you add another person to that and me over thinking everything, and I started dreading to meet you." Auberon's reason for running away from me is understandable. Meeting your mate is a huge step in your life and it is guaranteed to change your life forever.

I nod my head in comprehension, "Okay. Let's go." I wave my hand towards the door while holding it open.

"Wait, that's it? You don't have any more questions for me?" He launched himself off the couch and stood in front of me. It was now extremely obvious that he was taller than me by a good eight inches. He didn't emit any type of higher power. My mate was just a regular vampire of no title.

"To be honest, I still have to process the fact that I have a mate that is physically standing right in front of me," I put my finger to his chest and push him away a couple inches so I can breath, "I definitely need to think about what he just told me before I make any decisions. I don't want to act rash and run away or anything." I know that was a cheap shot, I do. I also think he deserves a few more until I'm ready to forgive him completely.

Auberon's head drops so he is looking at the ground and I can't help the pang of hurt that runs through me at that action. I push away the feeling and reach for his wrist to drag him out of my room. We still have field day after all. It's about time to meet up with Jordan and Rixtan.

I release my hold on Auberon's wrist and he easily falls into step beside me. "I never had the opportunity to ask you this, but what's your name love?" I feel a smile creeping onto my face from being called love. Stupid girly feelings. I shake my head to clear all of the lovey dovey thoughts, bringing myself back to reality.

"Te...." I almost let my real name slip and just barely caught myself. My face starts to feel cold and I am assuming that I look like I just saw a ghost. Do I tell my mate my real name or do I tell him my fake name and keep my cover? I still don't know if Auberon can be trusted to keep my secret. If he accidentally tells one person, we will never get our kingdom back. On the other hand, if I lie to him now, that's going to make it so we have trust issues between us later on. So do I choose my mate or my kingdom?

"My name is Joslyn."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the short update.

I just needed to get us to where I wanted us to be.

Next weeks update will be longer.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow :)

If there's any typos, just point them out for me. It would be much appreciated!