Reunion

Chapter Two: Reunion

I'm speed walking towards dorm room number 234, which happens to be Jordan's dorm room. I knock on her door and immediately hear footsteps. She opens the door and Ashlyn and I push her into the room, before shutting the door and begin searching her dorm for unwanted visitors.

"What are you looking for? I swear that I'm staying away from junk food..."

Since we haven't been going out for runs lately, all of us started to put on some weight. Not enough to make us heavy but enough to the point where we decided to take junk food out of our diets.

"It's time." Ashlyn tells her. Jordan instantly perks up and if she was in her wolf form, she would probably be wagging her tail.

"Seriously?! What are we waiting for? Are they here yet?"

We finish checking her room and I wonder the same thing as Jordan.

"Yeah, they're here."

"Then it's time to sneak out." I push my fingertips together, contemplating how to do it. The schools had strict rules about going off the property after school hours without a supervisor.

"I got it!" I stated with a smile.

"Why do I have a feeling that I won't like this?" Jordan asked Ashlyn who shrugged.

"Hey, you might as well do stupid stuff when you're still minors." She responded, not in the least bit worried.

"Shh! It's just one guard. We can take him. Ashlyn, can you freeze him for 30 seconds?" I asked as I peeked around the corner to see a guard standing by the door leading to the rooftop. Ashlyn peeks around the corner behind me and whispers a few incoherent words. She runs around the corner with Jordan and me right on her heels and we all run through the doorway. We shut the door and Ashlyn and Jordan run up the stairs. I turn to look out the window of the door we just went through and looked at the frozen guard. It took about three more seconds to unfreeze and he just continued to guard the door, like nothing happened. I smile and race up the stairs to join Jordan and Ashlyn on the roof.

"Okay, I'm going to transform into a dragon and I need you to cast an invisible shield around us." I tell Ashlyn who nods. I turn around and strip out of the clothes that I'm in, and then I fold them up and hand them to Jordan. I close my eyes and picture myself in my white dragon form. I feel a burst of electricity go throughout my entire body and feel my bones molding into my other form. Once I'm done, I stand up on my four legs and shake myself. I'll never get used to that.

I lower my neck so Ashlyn and Jordan climb on, then I wait for Ashlyn to mumble her invisibility spell as I watch the ground next to me, waiting to fly until I can't see my shadow anymore. Then, we take off to the woods about a mile out from the school.

As soon as we get close to the opening in the forest, I land on the ground in an area that is hidden within trees. I smell the area to make sure that nobody is close to here. Ashlyn jumped off my back as Jordan was slowly climbing down my front left leg. When they were both on the ground, Jordan striped her clothes and transformed into her wolf while Ashlyn stood there waiting. I thought about how I looked in my wolf form, and when I opened my eyes again, I had paws instead of claws. Barking at me to get my attention, Jordan nudged her head towards the opening and Ashlyn climbed on my back. I growled at Jordan, issuing a race. She barked at me in confirmation and took off. I bolted off after her and felt Ashlyn tighten her grip on my neck as she buried her head into my fur. Ashlyn really didn't like using us as transportation. I'm not sure if it's because we are her friends or if she gets motion sick. I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

Jordan is about five feet ahead of me and I can smell other wolves in the area, which means we're getting close. I pick up my pace to the point where I'm running right next to my best friend. I pick up my pace a little more just so I can get a little ahead of her. I forget to watch where I'm going and crash into something which sends Ashlyn flying. I quickly stand up again and get ready to rescue her from crashing to the floor, but a silver wolf goes barreling towards her and maneuvers her so she lands on his stomach, without getting hurt. The silver wolf let's her on the ground, before he runs over to me, teeth barred, cockles raised, head lowered, and the deepest growl escaping him. I put my head down, showing him that I didn't mean to harm Ashlyn, but a black wolf, that dwarfs the silver one, puts his head under my own and lifts it up. He then turns to the silver wolf and just glares at him, making the silver wolf back down, and trot back over to his mate. The black wolf then raises his head into the air and let's a howl escape him, every single last one of us, except Ashlyn, join him in the howl. Once he quits, everyone runs into the forest to change back to our human forms.