Let's Join the Aliens In Space

Important Author's Note at the end. Along with Chapter Dedication Opportunities!

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Chapter 5: Let's Join the Aliens in Space

Auberon's P.O.V.

I stood in the hallway staring at my best friend, completely dumbfound. I was near his beloved? The only girl that I was even remotely close to was MY beloved. I didn't notice anyone else, but then again, I didn't exactly stick around long enough for me to see if she was with anyone. Is it possible that my beloved is destined to have two options? What if she wants Rixtan over me? I mean, he is more outgoing than I am, and I did run away from her. Oh jeez, she must hate my guts.

"Auberon, what's going on? Why won't you tell me where my beloved is? I smell her on you, it's faint but it's there." Rixtan questioned me, sounding somewhat annoyed. I don't blame him though, nothing comes in between beloveds.

"The only person I remember seeing was my own beloved, Rixtan. I didn't notice anyone else," I told him, half feeling ashamed that I ran away from my other half. Is there any chance she will forgive me?

Rixtan peeks his head around me, looking behind me for something, "So where is she? Your beloved I mean." He asks, sounding seriously confused.

I place my hands over my eyes and drag them down my face, making it look like I've aged 10 years in the past fifteen minutes. "I ran away from her."

My eyes locked onto my best friend who was looking at me as if I transformed into a cow and told him that I was going to join the alien race in space. Ha, that rhymed. "You, ran away, from your beloved? The person you're destined to be with for the rest of your life? You are willing to give her up because you're a chicken? That's it. I'm over this. It's time for you to grow a pair. Let's go." Rixtan grabbed a hold of my wrist and started dragging me down the hallway, the same way I just came from. He starts sniffing the air to find the exact direction from where I was.

"What are you talking about?" I ask him, fearing the worse. He just ignores me until we arrive at the place where I saw my beautiful beloved standing. I have to shake my head to clear my thoughts of her and concentrate on what my fellow vampire friend is doing. Who is currently standing in the middle of the hallway, sniffing the air in a not-so-secret way.

"Would you stop that? There are humans around. They don't exactly know that there are supernaturals at this school and I would rather keep it that way. Last thing we need is let the world discover our entire species," I reprimand him. Thinking about humans, my mate was a human. That means that I would have to find some way to explain our entire world to her. That is never a fun conversation. Then again, it would probably be fun with her. I can already imagine her cute little confused face asking to clarify. I sigh and try to clear my thoughts of her one more time.

"There were actually three girls here. Their scents are faded but I can tell which way they went still," Rixtan states before walking towards the entry doors to the building, probably trying to pick out where their scents lead. I stood in the hallway, trying to catch up on my thoughts. What is he going to do when he finds them?