CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

Start from the beginning

But Eleanor could hope, couldn't she?

After all, neither one of them seemed to have a bad thing to say about each other, even after being separated for over sixteen years. Margaret was making leaps and bounds, not only accepting the fact that Remus was a werewolf, but willing to help him pay for his doses of Wolfsbane. And after everything Remus had been through, even in just recent times, did it sound so bad to live with those that were willing to love and support him?

Too caught up in her thoughts, Eleanor didn't even hear the sound of movement in her fireplace until it was too late.

There was a thunderous crash that made the entire house shake or at least, that's what it felt like as Eleanor jumped up to her feet. She whipped around to see not one, but four bodies lying on the floor of the sitting room. And while her initial reaction would have been to scream, she quickly recognised the "intruders" and placed her hands on her hips.

"What the hell are you all doing here?!"

Lying on the floor was Marnie, Cedric, George, and Fred, in that order.

All of them were groaning in pain, ignoring Eleanor's question as she made her way over to stand in front of them. Fred and George were the first to push themselves up and brush off the front of their clothes. While George took a moment to look around, Fred immediately spotted Eleanor and grinned as he walked over to her.

"Good morning, Love," he greeted, "long time, no see. How's your summer been going so far?"

"It's only been a day," she told him, "and yes, good morning to you. Would you be so kind and explain just what you're doing here?! Didn't you get my letter?"

"I did get your letter," Fred said, placing his arm around her shoulders, "and that's exactly why I'm here. You really thought you were being funny. Trying to have me believe that Professor Lupin was your father, I will say, Ellie, the dedication to the letter writing and the story was phenomenal, but really, don't you think it was a bit far-fetched?"

"Oh, dear Merlin," Eleanor whispered under her breath before looking up to where Marnie and Cedric were helping each other off the floor, "Is that why you two are here too? Marnie, I thought you were on holiday with your family, I was going to wait to send you a letter until you wrote to me first!"

"Well, we are going on holiday," Marnie said, "but we were leaving this afternoon. I was packing my things and then this one shows up at my house, telling me that it was an emergency and that we needed to come see you! What's this about Professor Lupin being your father?"

Clapping her hands over her face, Eleanor mumbled a few obscenities to herself before looking back up at the group. But her eyes quickly fell on Cedric, who attempted to appear like he wasn't involved in the entire situation as he whistled in the corner.

"Dammit, Queenie!" she pointed at him in an accusing manner. "I expected you to show up, but did you really go out and grab everyone for this?"

Cedric placed his hands up in a defensive manner. "I only brought Marnie; I swear! I don't know what they're doing here! But it looks like we all came up with the same plan at the same time. We've must have collided in the Floo Network."

"Look my mum is in the shower and she's going to be really confused as to why you all showed up," she said before turning to the twins, "especially you two! I- "

"Ellie! Ellie!"

Margaret's voice rang out and Eleanor froze in place as her mother appeared a few moments later, her bathrobe wrapped around her body tightly and her hair still dripping wet. Her face was painted in panic initially until she spotted the four additional teenagers standing in the room. She recognised Cedric and Marnie right away, but it took a moment for her to realise that the "Weasel Twins" were there as well.