I'm a 17 yr old teenager, and yeah I have to protect the universe; Chapter 1

~Chapter 1~

"Oh no. I looked at my report card again and let a strangled gasp escape. Oh no. I failed math. Oh freakin no. I did the only thing a fully red-blooded American horomone raving teen in this situation would do, I ripped my report card into tiny itty bitty peices."

My best friend Luciano and I cracked up at my diary extract. That's right, Luciano and yours truly are going through their old, worn out, heart felt diaries. "Oh Will, look at this one! Haha you were a real physco woman!"

"Why in the world did my parents have to name me WILLOW? My whole life I went through the pain of having been named after a PLANT! Oh of course I tried to hide my name, hide under the welcoming shade of "Will". Regardless, every first day of every school year I had to be tormented by various different bullies because to the rest of the world I'm a "plant"!!!! Why oh why!"

I had to admit, that made me laugh. Considering how I love and appreciate the beauty of my name and what it represents now that I'm a Keeper of the Earth. Luciano looked at me and laughed again. "Imagine if you were named something like "Dirt". Man Will, you'd be fighting alongside the rest of us with your only power being what? Raising dirt from the ground? HAHA". I roll my eyes. "Oh suck it Luke. If you were named Lucian, your power would be what? Throwing witty and sarcastic remarks at the Dark Four?" It was Luke's turn to roll his eyes. "Very funny oh dear dirt one."

Hmmmm....maybe I should backtrack a bit so all you dwellers of the realm can understand. Luciano, Selena, Blaze, and I were born humans on the planet universally known as "Earth". We're all 17 years old, all born on the same month, same day, same hour, April 28, 1992. 1,700 years ago a prophecy was revealed to a Greek philsopher. The prohecy states that; "Sometime in the coming future humans will destroy their planet so extremly that four seemingly normal teenagers will transform into Keepers of the Earth. The job of the Keepers of the Earth is to protect Earth from itself, and the Dark Four who come from the underworld who seek to conquer Earth for themselves. The Keepers of the Earth will have powers, each similar to their name."

Sounds crazy eh? Well that's what I thought too. Until I turned 14 and was able to miracously move a tree and make it crash onto my ex-boyfiriend's house. Yeah....I had to control my rage back then. Luke turns to look at me, and smiles. Behind his smile I can see the strings of inspiration pulling in his mind.

*BAM*

"OH YOU GET OVER HERE RIGHT NOW YOU STUPID PUNK! The entire house is pitch black! PITCH BLACK! It's the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! And WHAT does your diabolical mind decide to do?!?! Switch off ALL the lights in this tiny apartment! OH MY GOSH I CAN'T SEE MY HAND IN FRONT OF MY FACE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! YOU TURN THOSE LIGHTS BACK ON YOU JERK!" Sweat is pouring down my shirt. Sweat due to fear. I start feeling all panicky.

Anxious.

Afraid.

Oh he is soo going to get it.

Oh did I mention another weird fact? Luke can sense fear. He can actually SENSE it. A tremor erupts in his brain that causes him to feel disconnected from his own mind. Whenever that happens, well you guessed it, he SENSES fear. Ever since I found that out two years ago, I made it my goal in life to NEVER let Luke get the better of me. Two years I've never felt fear. Well I guess that long withstanding record is now broken.

*BAM*

The lights are switched back on. I fling open my eyes and my face is only two inches away from Luke's. I feel his breath on my face as he keeps his eyes on me for a little bit longer than usual. "Will...you were scared. You ARE scared. Why?" I shake my head and take a step back. I quickly try to re-collect my thoughts. Try to get rid of that ever-growing fear rapidly evolving in me.

I glare at him. While I glare, I try to make it look as if I hate him. But I don't hate him. He's been my best friend since pre-school, so I do the next best thing. I bring out my hatred of darkness in me and let it show on my face, making it seem as if I hate him. It's working. I glare the hardest, most evilest glare I've ever glared. "Shutup."

Luke looks at me with eyebrows raised and snorts.

"Haha. Nice glare dirt girl."