Her day had been very unproductive. After waking up and freshening up, she took LJ to school, came back and planted herself on the sofa, watching talk shows for the rest of the day. It was becoming a routine for her. That was all she seemed to be doing for the past few days and she was getting very bored of it. 

She was itching to type up some paperwork or be in a work environment and yet she was stuck at home. And although Imani didn't want to admit it, in a weird way, she missed working near Vincent.

She turned off the TV, ending Wendy Williams' rant on Kanye West and stretched. There were only 2 days left of her suspension and she was bored out of her wits. 

Melisa was keeping her updated on the goings on of the office and any big meetings that she had to prepare for. She could only hope that while hospitalised, Vincent was also keeping up.

She looked around the room, wondering what she could do. She had already done some spring cleaning and so the house was spotless but she was still yearning for something else to do. Imani paced the living room, trying to rack her brain for something to do. 

The week off had been fun at first. She had been relaxed, stressfree and doing fun activities. Now, she just sat on the sofa watching TV until LJ came home.  It wasn't fun anymore. Not even close to it.

Tapping her foot on the plush carpet, Imani paused when her phone started ringing. When she picked it up, she saw Vincent's name on the screen. 

"What?" She answered promptly, still not in the mood to be talking to him. She heard a moan of pain and her heart rate shot up in fear. "Vincent?!" She said frantically.  

There was no answer for a few moments, just the rustling sound of movement. "Imani."

She was slightly relieved when he answered but it was short lived because of her realisation of how strained his voice was. "Vincent what's going on?"

"I-I need your help." He struggled to get out, not doing anything to calm her nerves. 

She raced to grab her mother's keys and throw some shoes on. "Okay, I'm on my way Vincent, stay on the phone to me. What is going on?" When he groaned in pain again, she doubled her speed.

Imani ran to the car and jumped in, driving wrecklessly to try and get to his house. "Vincent, are you there?" Instead of a reply, the line went dead and she went into a state of complete and utter panic.

 She bit her nails nervously as she impatiently sat in the traffic. 

Every minute that went by, her fear and worry grew for her boss as she thought of all the worst case scenarios. As angry as Imani may had been at him, all that anger dissipated the moment she heard him in pain. It hit a certain part to her and formed a lump in her throat. Never had he sounded sound so vulnerable and weak.

She didn't like hearing him like that.

As soon as the light turned green, she hit the gas.

A light sheen of sweat covered Vincent's upper body as he tried again to grab his cell phone. His fingers slipped and he sighed as he slumped back down onto the floor. He looked down at his leg, the thick cast that was over it and the bruised skin that surrounded the area above it. Similar blue and purple shades adorned his chest. 

Whilst preparing for his shower, Vincent's leg had gotten caught in his sweats - tripping him up and further damaging his ribs as he landed on his torso. He had howled in pain before attempting to get up. His attempts proved unsuccesful as his body felt crushed. His eyes watered up due to the immense pain he felt. His movement was very limited and at that moment, Vincent knew he needed the last thing he wanted to ever ask for - help.