'Strictly business' He had said. 'No thinking about her', he had also said.

At random times, he would find himself thinking about what she was doing or what she was wearing and who she was with. He missed having her beside him and having someone to bicker with. She wasn't like most women, who would cower and let him walk all over them. Imani stood her ground and didn't take his talk.

Although sometimes that irritated him, it made her a better assistant as she could deal with his attitude.

At the sound of the door opening, he shoved the pieces of paper he had been drawing on behind his back.  His eyes narrowed at the figure that had just walked in and he turned his head in disinterest. 

Giovanni offered him a shaky smile as he opened the curtains in the hospital room. "Marco said he couldn't make it so here I am. How are you feeling?" He asked, taking a look at the lack of cards or get well soon presents in the room.

Vincent didn't reply as he pushed the covers back. He winced as he struggled to get up and out of the bed. Giovanni moved to help him but Vincent shrugged his hand off. 

The 6ft 2 man strained to walk over to the duffel bag Marco had gotten him for when he was leaving. Sorting through it, he pulled his top off only to switch it for another, groaning in pain when he placed the fresh t-shirt on. 

"I was just with your mother. Have you seen her lately?"

"Of course I've seen her. I'm not you, Giovanni, leaving her on her own." His father bowed his head in shame at the comment. "You're not needed here, you can leave."

"I'm just trying to get you home safely and make it easier for you."

Vincent chuckled bitterly before snatching his phone and quickly hiding his drawings. "I'm leaving. You can do whatever you want in here." He grabbed his crutches, threw his bag over his shoulder and made his way out of the room.

"Vincent."

As much as he hated the man the stood in the room with him, he always seemed to stop whenever Giovanni called out to him in a broken voice. "Thank you for showing up to the baby shower the other week. I appreciate you coming." 

Vincent huffed as he left the room. 

"Mr Pellegrino! Your father just walked by saying he was coming to get you." The doctor with the horn-rimmed glasses said. "Did you end up sorting out that live-in nurse?"

He shook his head in response. "As I said before, that isn't necessary. I'll be fine on my own." 

Knowing that his father would most likely try and follow him soon, he called Benjamin to make sure that he was outside. When he replied telling Vincent that he was indeed there, the crippled 28 year old made his way to the car park.

He spotted Benjamin waiting outside the car for him and after pushing his bag towards him, he opened his own door. "You couldn't have met me outside the hospital? I had to struggle with these crutches and my bags the entire way here." He said angrily, making Benjamin bow his head. "Useless." He spat as he climbed into the car, wincing when he leaned on the side of his chest.

With his sketchbook still in hand, he made sure that Benjamin was focused on driving before grabbing a pencil and letting his imagination control his hand.

"More strange behaviour from Kanye West... Did you see him on 'Saturday Night Live' on Saturday?"

Imani reached down into her bowl and frowned when she realised that it was empty. She looked at the time and groaned when she read that it was 3:30pm. LJ was at his friend Zak's house and he was coming back in a few hours.