Chapter 10: Pinky promise

Start from the beginning

'What do I tell him? What should I do?' I looked down at my lap and felt tears stream down once again, not noticing until I see them fall. 'Mom...help me...'

~

We were now walking into the military base that I haven't returned to in so long. I decided to tell Natsu to not stay in the car but not enter to see Laxus either...unless he asks for it. Everyone was staring at me like if I were an alien, they were all whispering many different things.

-???: "She's the missing now found military's wife."

-???: "But I thought they got divorced!"

-???: "Not according to Laxus." Hearing his name made me shiver. I was getting anxious, my breathing was uneven. I felt Natsu's hand in mine and he was squeezing it slightly.

-Natsu: "You're a strong woman Luce, you can always handle whatever is coming." He says as he kisses my forehead. I smile up at him softly and started breathing normally again. "So um... did you get divorced with Laxus or did you stay widow or something? I mean by that time..." I looked down at the ground while we were walking.

-Lucy: "Well, before he 'died' we were going through the process of divorce but never finalized it because of the incident. I was classified as a widow but I cut down the name by publishing that I didn't want to be one because we were getting a divorce... A-are you mad?" He looked in my way, wide eyed and scrunched eyebrows.

-Natsu: "Why would I be mad? You didn't have to tell me the details back then, just the main picture. Which you did." I gazed up at him, admiring how great he is with everyone. 'How did I get so lucky to have someone like Natsu in my life?' I smiled to myself, lost in thought. So lost that I didn't even realize that we had arrived at the office. Natsu looked at me and motioned that he'd be out here so I nodded. I took in a deep breath while my hand was tightening on the door knob until a soft hand was there with mine. When I look, I see master with an anxious face as well. He nods once to me and we open the door slowly. I peek in my head to find a blonde hair, well built man sitting on a couch, his back facing us. He turns around, wide eyed.

-Lucy: "L-La-Laxus..." I say silently, he stands up and walks towards me fast. I was frozen. He wrapped his hands around me and kissed my forehead.

-Laxus: "Its so nice to feel this skin again..." He says more to himself than anyone else. He starts hugging me tightly and I was still wide eyed looking into the space. 'Why am I so shocked when I knew he was here...' I ask myself. He let go of the hug and his face was less than an inch away from mine, his nose touching mine and upper lip on mine as well.

-Lucy: "Laxus..." I say as I separate from him. The office door and wall was made of glass so you could see through it. Natsu was leaning on the wall, witnessing everything without letting Laxus notice.

-Laxus: "I know, I'm sorry. I'm sorry Lucy. I should have never cheated on you, I've learned my lesson since I was separated from you. Please... forgive me..." My eyes started turning into a bowl full of water. I smiled slightly.

-Lucy: "I forgave you a long time ago." I say softly. My voice was jumpy but he lightens up. His closeness to me was massive. It's been such a long time that I felt his breath on me. He started getting closer and closer, and his lips were on mine but I backed away quickly. "But that doesn't mean we'll get back together..." I say while a tear streams down my cheek. I looked out the room to see Natsu sitting on the floor with his knees high. His hands were on his knees gripping so tight that you could see his nails ripping it apart. Bleeding. 'He must hate this' I thought. Laxus caught where I was gazing upon and he looked down.