One Enchanted Night - Chapter 6,7 & Part of Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

It was such a shame that such a handsome man should be a vampire. She could still feel in her mind the kisses he used to give her all over her body whilst they made love.

He had never bit her, not once, not even while they were making love.

He gave her body a once over and grinned.

"Ah my dear Nkosi, still as sexily elegant as ever, just like a pouncing tiger about to devour its pry or is it more like a lioness and I can't seem to be able to make up my mind."

"Hi Jean Claude, still as charming as ever. The waitress looks a little hungry for some Jean Claude, maybe you should give her a buzz after our meeting."

Nkosi's words oozed sarcasm.

"Oh, Nkosi jealous as always I see. Don't worry there is enough of me to go around."

"As much as I would like to continue our little conversation, we have important business to discuss."

"OK, JC what is it?"

"Hey I hate it when people call me JC."

"Too bad. You have just been demoted to JC in my eyes, until you have redeemed yourself."

"The problem is that Morgana has become a problem once again and guess who her prime target is?"

Nkosi closed her eyes and gave a sigh.

"I really hoped that if she left Stephan alone, Morgana would leave Genevieve alone. You know that my powers even at their height can't do much against her."

Stephan bent over the small table leaning closer to Nkosi. He had to keep himself from closing his eyes and inhaling her heavenly scent. At the thought his fangs began to extract.

Putting his hand over his lips to cover his little problem he started talking again.

"Well you do know you'll have to go on a little road trip now?"

"Oh don't tell me the good news JC, you're coming with?"

"Oh you bundle of laughs, of course I must go with as representative of the council."

"Then there are a few things you have to get into your little head. Number one get out of my personal space," Nkosi pushed Jean Claude away from her with a hand against his jest.

"And number two, you listen to me, otherwise I'll make sure you get left out of the action."

"Ooh, I like you when you're angry and so feisty."

Nkosi just glared at him. The waitress came over to take their order. Nkosi ordered a filter coffee. Of course Jean Claude didn't want anything, being as old as he is - a full five hundred years - food start tasting bland. It took him five minutes to convince the waitress that he really didn't need anything.

Chapter 7

"Gina, where the hell are we?"

They stopped in front of a big ornate metal gate, behind, which loomed a very dark looking, structure.

No lights were on inside the yard.

"On the outskirts of Wynberg. This is another little house of mine. I have a whole bunch of hidey-holes scattered across the Western Cape. Like I told you I am a little paranoid."

She scuttled around in the dark in her handbag.

"Ah, here is the little remote." She extracted the little black object from her handbag and pressed a button the gate opened and lights came on all along the driveway.

The gate closed behind them. Gina pressed the same button twice and the garage door opened.

"If I may ask, why did we come to the Southern suburbs, isn't it far away from the portal."

"I'll answer your questions as soon as were settled"

Gina parked the Hummer in the modern garage. The marble tiles gleamed as they walked over it to the connecting door. Chris opened the door and oogled the beautiful kitchen on the other side. He loved cooking and this kitchen had everything a chef in the making would ever need.

Chris couldn't believe his eyes. This house was even better than the Welgemoed house.

Gina walked over to the freezer and extracted her spare blood. She defrosted it in the microwave.

Chris went to the fridge and found it fully stocked. He gave a quizzing look to Gina.

"How does this fridge have fairly fresh food in it? Do I even want to know the answer?"

"It is for Carlos, who looks after the house for me. His orders are to keep the house fully stocked in exchange, he can take any food home older than three days."

"He only comes in every three days and according to the calendar against the fridge, he came in today, so we wont be seeing him in the next two days."

"We need a place to stay for the next four days while we make our last few stops before we jump through the portal."

Gina gulped down her warmed up blood while explaining their plans to Chris.

They needed to visit a antique store situated in Canal Walk shopping Centre the following night and make sure that the spare petrol canisters on the Hummer are full.

They are very primitive in the Neatherrealms, because they rely on magic and therefore they do not need petrol.

By the time Gina finished it was almost first light. Chris helped her up the stairs to the bedrooms above.

"My room is the one at the end. There are no windows." Chris stooped down and picked her up before she fainted from fatigue.

He carried her to the bed inside the bedroom. It was almost an identical copy of her room at her other house.

Chris waited to see that Gina fell fully asleep. He turned around and walked down the short hall and opened all the doors. After the second door he found another bedroom. He fell down on the king-size bed and immediately fell asleep.

Chapter 8

Nkosi moved around in her small home. Gina hasn't contacted her in the past two days. By now she should have run all her errands. She took her cell phone out of her pocket and checked for the twentieth time that she didn't miss a call.

Sighting no missed calls, Nkosi put the phone away again. She went to the corner picked up her swords and polished it again.

Every sound at the door made her jerk. She knew full well that it was only her imagination, because during the daytime lots of people moved past her house.

She had closed her business for the last two days in anticipation of what is to come, but nothing was happening, making her more agitated by the minute.

Thabo was suppose to come and relieve her of her watcher duties, but he hasn't arrived yet either.

It felt like the world was pulling a nasty trick on her. Making her wait for so long. Constantly being on pins and needles was no joke.

Finally there was a knock on the door. Nkosi flew up from the table, letting one of the swords fall. She hurriedly hid the swords away behind the stove in the corner.

She walked over and opened the front door. Thabo stood before her.A muscled man looking like the centrefold of a fashion magazine article on hot men. Thabo smiled and the white of his teeth were striking across his face, which was as pitch black as the night.

Nkosi still felt that there was something wrong with her. Why couldn't she lust after a proper man like him? No her body rather wanted the undead. How gross was that.

"Good day Nkosi, I came the moment I received word from Jean Claude."

"Morning Thabo, are you well and how are your family?"