Goodbye

Breaking news!

The criminal has finally been caught. The police managed to track down his whereabouts after all the enduring efforts they put in. It's also thanks to a very useful information from detective Kim. Thank you detective for easing us with this investigation.

The culprit is none other than Kim Namjoon, age 22. He is behind bars and in no way of harming anyone so to the viewers of the public, do feel relieved because we hereby announced that this case is officially closed.

This is Meredith, signing out.

"Did you hear that, kookie? They finally caught him" Taehyung mentioned to his other half but there was no response from him. He repeated the line "They finally caught him, babe" still, there was no response.

Taehyung started to sob as his muffled words came out. "Come on, please wake up already. Don't leave me"

For the past week, Jungkook has been in a deep coma. He was shot at the back of his neck which highly affected his nervous system leading to a brainstem injury, resulting into a coma due to the effects along with severe blood loss.

Without fail, Taehyung would visit him after work. He would skip meals, some nights he would stay up just so he could be the first to witness once Jungkook wakes up. Taehyung has lost a lot of weight. His best friend, Jimin, would visit him daily to check up on him. He would advice Taehyung to at least eat one day a meal yet he was stubborn.

He told himself he wouldn't eat anything proper till Jungkook wakes up. All he has been stuffing himself with is.. Well nothing much. Besides water and 2 slices of bread each day. Jimin deeply sighed looking at his best friend's current condition. Even though Jungkook is the one in a coma, it looks as though Taehyung is the one dying. Yes he is that bony than he has ever been.

"Taehyung" he felt a tap on his shoulder. He immediately got up and bow seeing that it was Mr and Mrs Jeon in sight. "You better go get yourself something to eat" said Mr Jeon in a gruff voice.

"It's okay, Mr Jeon. I want to stay here"

"No it's not okay. We understand how much you want to be by his side but you got to keep yourself together, young man"

Taehyung sighed. Mr Jeon was right. Taehyung has been in such a hot mess. He's ungroomed, skinny and he doesn't care how ragged his clothes is. He simply wants to be beside his other half because he can't help but blame himself for everything that's happened.

If only he would have stayed home and let Jungkook meet Namjoon by his own that night, none of this would have happened. No harm done to Jungkook. They will probably be watching a movie at home at this time of day, sharing popcorn and teasing each other during the dull parts.

Mrs Jeon stepped forward and said pleasantly, "Taehyung, listen to us alright? We will look after him for now. If anything props up, we will give you a call"

Hearing her gentle motherly voice, Taehyung felt calmer and agreed to do what they requested. He called Jimin up to meet up for lunch. In one way or another, he couldn't feel happier to have a best friend that understands him no matter how much of a hardhead he can be.

They met up at their usual diner to have pizza. "Hey dudeeee, I'm so glad you're finally eating something!"

"Haven't I been doing so?"

"Dude" he squinted his eyes at him "You mean two slices of bread and one bottle of water is proper food for the entire day?"

"Fine. I'm sorry but thanks Jiminie for always tolerating your alien best friend"