Chapter 15

Chapter 15

  I closed my eyes and for a moment I froze, not believing that someone was in the doorway and had just caught us. I must be imagining things. I mean, Mr. Sanders wouldn’t kiss me, but then again, Cole, on the other hand, might’ve.

  “It’s not what it looks like,” Cole said strongly but still in shock.

  “Not what it looks like! Then what were you doing?” I heard a male voice shout.

  My heart raced as I put a name to the sound. It was Mr. Barker. Crap, he’s going to kill me. He saw me kissing my student mentor. Bloody hell I was kissing my student mentor! What was I thinking? Here! At school! Anyone could have just walked in.

  “It’s not his fault,” I said defensively. “I just... I just couldn’t control myself. Please don’t tell anyone,” I begged.

  “Zack,” Mr. Baker sighed. “You don’t need to take the blame for him.”

  “I'm not...” I said feeling a lot weaker than before. “It was me sir. I'm sorry; I don’t know what I was thinking.”

  He gave me an odd look and I knew he was finding it hard to believe.

  “I'm just confused,” I had to take a really deep breath to be able to say the next bit. I can’t believe I'm doing this. “You were right when you thought something was bothering me... I-I I’m...gay,” I sighed not believing I’d just told another person. “But I don’t know what’s going on and...” I was tearing up at this point and I knew this was really believable because it was pretty much completely true. “I don’t know why I kissed him, I just felt so many emotions and I didn’t know what to do with them.”

  “It’s okay Zack,” I heard Mr. Sanders whisper as he tried to work out if I was being serious or not.

  “You should have spoke to me,” Mr. Baker said as he walked inside the room and shut the door behind him. “You knew I was there to listen; why didn’t you say anything?”

  “It’s not really something I want to talk about,” I sniffed.

  “Okay,” Mr. Baker sighed as he walked up to Cole and whispered something to him.

  I watched as Cole’s face dropped. What did he say to him? He better tell me later.

  “I think you’d best go back to your lessons Zack,” Mr. Baker muttered, still glaring at Cole. “And, I still need to speak to with you though, Mr. Sanders.”

  Cole’s head was looking down at the floor now, I knew he regretted it. But was he regretting kissing me or the fact we got caught? That’s what I want to know.

  “I’m sorry,” I said bravely as I walked out of the room.

  After something like that happening, I should feel awful, but for some reason I feel pretty good. One, Mr. Baker won’t be bothering me about things as much now that he knows. Two, Cole and I kissed. I don’t care about what happened afterwards at the moment. All that matters is that he must like me back if he was willing to kiss me in school.

  Wow.

***

Cole’s Point Of View

  This can’t be happening! I kissed him but I wanted a hell of a lot more. Why am I like this with him? He’s a kid! What was I thinking? And now Mr. Baker’s seen us. What am I meant to do now? If he says something my career is over, everything I’ve been working my life for would be wasted. I can’t let that happen.