CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

The morning of the Quidditch Cup match, Eleanor had already been in the Great Hall when the entire Gryffindor team entered

The morning of the Quidditch Cup match, Eleanor had already been in the Great Hall when the entire Gryffindor team entered. It was interesting to see how divided the school had become over the match with not only the Gryffindor table but Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw joining in as well to applaud the players. Thankfully, it was a good excuse for Eleanor to cheer on the twins without Cedric or Marnie starting up with their usual accusations that she fancied one or both of them. While she wouldn't admit her obvious crush, Eleanor would admit that while she was excited about the match, she was also nervous.

Even though she had been present for many of the Gryffindor practices, it wasn't like the current Slytherin team was known to play fair. Cedric and others could confirm that Slytherin liked to play dirty out on the pitch, but Eleanor was hoping for the sake of Oliver, the twins, and the rest of the Gryffindor team that had worked excessively hard, that they could pull off the win and take home the Quidditch Cup.

While Oliver was ordering his team to eat, Eleanor left Cedric and Marnie behind at the Hufflepuff table to wish the twins good luck one last time. As she approached, Oliver gave her a look that told her that she didn't have a lot of time to bother his team. Flashing an innocent smile, she held up one finger that signalled she only needed one minute before she quickly hurried over to where Fred and George were sitting.

"Alright, according to the death look that Oliver just gave me, I don't have a lot of time," she said as she stuck her head in between them, "but I just wanted to wish the two of you good luck. I know, I know, you don't need it, but all the same. I really hope you all win for your sake, Oliver's sake, my sake, and the sake of the ten galleons Marnie betted on Gryffindor winning. Okay, bye!"

With two reassuring pats on the back, Eleanor placed her hands up and slowly backed away from the Gryffindor table as Oliver watched her the entire time. As soon as she had returned to the Hufflepuff table, he called for the Gryffindor team to leave the Great Hall, even though the majority of them had yet to finish actually eating. And as the Gryffindor team, with the exception of the Slytherins, the other tables applauded them once more.

While Eleanor wore one of her own knitted jumpers, she decided to add a scarlet rosette to her attire. It was so bizarre to see so many people wearing something scarlet or carrying a Gryffindor banner, making it seem that many were counting on Gryffindor's win. Part of Eleanor felt bad for Slytherin, thinking it had to be tough for a lot of the Slytherin students to see pretty much the majority of the school rooting for the opposing team. Had it not been for her association with Gryffindor, she hoped that she would have kept a neutral stance regarding the teams, but it was hard to say at that point, she was too far gone.

Following Cedric, Eleanor walked alongside Marnie as they made their way to the stands a little while later. Cedric had insisted that they go early to make sure they would get good seats, but it seemed plenty of students and faculty had the same idea. But on their way outside, Eleanor spotted Professor Lupin, and unfortunately, he didn't look too well.