Chapter 3: Friend Or Foe

Has it been a whole weekend already? I guess so. I'm sitting in the back of a car with Penny again. I really don't want to go home. I don't want to get back on a plane, I don't want to have to deal with my little brother, the list could go on and on. Mostly, I don't want to be in close quarters with Shawn. What is his deal?

"Are you ok? You seem a little... distant." Penny asks. She worries a lot.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just tired. Don't really want to go back to real life either."

"I know the feeling."

The airport is still 30 minutes away and I don't really feel like talking.

"I'm to rest for a few minutes.  We can talk more on the plane." I tell Penny.

"Ok." She says back smiling.

I put in my headphones.  Music.  I can't describe what I feel towards music.  I love it.  I need it.  I want to pursue it... someday.  Before I know it we are at the airport.  I really don't want to be on a plane.  Not with Shawn.  He has so conveniently started hanging around all my friends.  He's still a jerk to me.  I'm ok with Matt.  

———

I'm on the plane, listening to music.  I do that a lot.  Shawn is sitting behind me talking to my friends.  Ugh I'm really bored, but I don't want to deal with him.  I guess I'll suck it up and try to ignore him. 

"Hey what are you guys doing?" I asked Penny, Lauren, Mahogany, Matt, and Shawn.

"Playing slap.  You want to play?" Mahogany asks.

"Sure."

"Oh! I still need to get all of your phone numbers." Shawn says. 

Everybody hands him their phones and he puts his number in.  Matt grabs them out of his hand after and puts his contact info in.  I get my phone back.  Shawn Mendes and Matt Espinosa.  

——— 

We finally land.  After hanging out with Shawn some more, he seems a little bit nicer.  I don't really think we'll be great friends, but we can definitely be friends.  

A/N: Hey guys, sorry it's been so long since I've updated.  This chapter is a little bit shorter, but at least I updated haha.  Comment some feedback for me.  I really want to know what you guys think about my story.  I'll try to update sooner next time :)