I sighed inwardly. I got back to my feet and started my way home. There was no point in arguing with dad. "I'm sorry dad, I just of lost track of time. I'm on my way home now."

My dad, Will, sighed in relief. "Okay sweetie, come quickly the Alpha needs to address the pack about something".

I frowned. Well, if I was in human form I would be. That's weird we only just had a pack meeting this morning. Picking up my pace I tore through the woods towards the village I call home. I wonder what Alpha Mike needs to address us about so urgently.

----------------------------

I slowed to a stop just at the edge of the woods, so I can shift. I trotted to where my belongings were and shifted. I could here the sickly popping sounds my bones made as they rearranged themselves back into my human form.

When I shifted for the first time, I was sixteen, it hurt so much I thought I was going to pass out. But now at the age of eighteen and after two years of shifting back and forth, I hardly feel a thing.

I quickly put my clothes on and exit the forest. I hurried across the grounds to the main hall, where I know the meeting is being held.

I scurried down the hallway and got to the door leading into the massive room where the rest of my pack was waiting. Slowly, I pushed the door open.

All conversation and talking that was going on before had now stopped at the sound of me entering. All eyes were directed at me. I swallowed nervously and looked for my father.

"Luce, up here", I hear my dad call. I looked up to the front to where my father was standing at the foot of the steps at the small stage.

I smile and make my way towards him. Walking towards my father I notice that he looks a bit nervous himself. I take the time to look at my forty year old father.

I take in his short graying dark brown hair, which looks like he's been running his hands through it a lot. I then look into his round big green eyes, they look tired.

I notice he is wearing a plain green shirt and a pair if dress pants. I laugh to myself. He really knows how to put an outfit together... To be honest my father is quite handsome. Even though he has some stubble on his chin and a few wrinkle lines, he still looks handsome.

People say I look like my father, but who I really look like is my mother. My mother was beautiful. Well from the photos I've see. With long caramel hair and startling blue eyes. I guess you could say I look like her. But I will never be a beautiful as my mother had been.

To be honest I never thought I was that pretty. As conceited as this sounds, I had long caramel brown hair and blue eyes with a tinge of green to them. And although I had a slightly freckled nose and high cheekbones, I didn't feel beautiful. I shake my head slightly and focus on what's in front of me. I finally reach my dad and he pulls me in for a hug. I wrap my arms around him.

"Luce, what took you so long?" My father questioned as he pulled me out of his big arms.

"Sorry dad, I went further into the forest than I usually would have," I replied. It's then I realize that the room is still deathly quiet.

I turn around, and sure enough everyone is watching my father and I. I blush and quickly avert my eyes back to my father.

I don't really like attention. Dad shook his head and turned towards an empty seat, pulling me with him and placing me in it.

My dad stepped back and went up the stage steps to sit with Joe, the third in command, Alpha Mike and Luna Whitney.

Alpha Mike stood up and went to the front go the stage. He cleared his throat, and then spoke with powerful authority.

"Thank you all for coming on such short notice. I know it was only just this morning that we had a meeting but this one is necessary." He paused and looked across the room. "As you all have heard just last night, one of the members, a child, from the Dark Moon pack had been brutally murdered". Mike paused once again and eyed the crowd.

This wasn't exactly news to us but still a few people gasped. Most of our whole pack hated the Dark Moon pack, from what they had done to my mother, their Betas mate.

But I guess we're most shocked about was that someone had gotten on the Dark Moons territory and plucked off one of their members. No one dares to go onto Alpha Tristan's land unwelcome, let alone kill one of his pack members.

He is said to be cruel, dark and that he keeps to himself. He must be furious and will probably stop at nothing to get his hands on the person who did this, and when he does... I don't want to imagine what Tristan would do.

I stopped my train of thoughts and turn my attention to my Alpha as he began speaking again.

"Today I unexpectedly got a call from Alpha Tristan, him saying that he is investigating all packs across the country to see if any of us hold the killer. Although instead of him coming to us, we must go to him, the reason being for that is because Tristan explained himself that he cannot leave his pack at such a vulnerable time as they are all still grieving over their loss and that it is too dangerous".

I silently shook my head in astonishment. That pack was inseparable.

After Alpha Mike had finished his little speech, murmurs and talking cut out across the room. So many people began shooting questions at Mike, that even my werewolf hearing couldn't keep up.

Mike growled lowly in his throat, catching everyone's attention and silencing the room instantly.

"If you have any inquiries or questions, please raise your hand and wait to be answered". His command was laced with Alpha authority.

Slowly, Renee, one of the packs cook ,with short blonde hair, raised her hand. "Yes Renee?" Alpha Mike asked.

"Alpha, I was just wondering when would you be leaving?" Renee questioned quietly.

"Tomorrow morning, so we get there by late afternoon," he replied calmly. Renee shook her head in understanding and sunk back into her chair.

I sat a bit straighter and turned my head back to see if anyone was going to ask anything else. All I wanted to do was go home and go to sleep. I was so glad I wasn't going to Alpha Tristan's tomorrow, because I'll still be buried underneath my duvet covers, head moulded to my comfy pillow.

Ugh, just the thought of my heavenly bed, brought a yawn to my lips and a wave of sleepiness to wash over me.

As I was lost in thought someone from across the room had asked a question. I'm not sure what it was but it sounded like 'Who will be going?' I glanced at the Alpha and waited for his reply.

I expected my dad would be going as he is Alpha Mike's second in command, but what I didn't expect was the last person he listed of who was going.

"The people who will be accompanying myself, is Beta Will, Joe, Tim and-",

My eyes bugged out of their sockets and my breathing stopped as he said the last name I would never expected.

"Lucia Miller".

----------------------------------

A/N: Okay so this is my first story on Wattpad and I hoped you enjoyed the first chapter.

I would like to know what you guys think so please.....

Comment and Vote!!! Thank you, it would mean so much. :) x Pretty please vote and comment!!!!