1 ~ Mall Crawl Gone Wrong

Chloe Walters lined her fingers up with the seams of the white ball in her right hand, before throwing a flawless knuckleball at the catcher's mitt. The batter swung and missed... Again. She could see the sad expression on his face as he looked back at Chloe, and put his bat in the air again. She felt bad for the poor kid. He was only a freshman. She remembered when the school asked her to play for the boy's team. Chlo was terrified on her first day. She chose to believe that he was experiencing the same thing ; maybe he's just nervous. Chloe grabbed a bottle of water, chugged it down, and started to prepare another pitch, when her coach started speaking.

"Alright, let's call it a day. Great job today, boys!" Coach Jackson boomed.

"And Chloe!" Chloe added. Ever since she was put onto the boy's baseball team, she always said that after Coach had called them boys. It was kind of her thing. Chloe grabbed two towels from the stack, and walked into the unisex locker room, where she turned the shower on, and cleansed herself after a long practice. Sharing a locker room with a bunch of guys had never bothered her, since she had been around for such a long time. They were like her brothers, and she was like their sister. She hummed a tune to herself, before turning the water off, and starting to get dressed. That was when she realized, she had dropped her shirt near her bag. Of course, her bag was across the room. Slipping her leggings and sports bra on, Chloe darted to her bag, grabbed the shirt, and sprinted back. After stepping back into the shower to finish changing, she slipped. But when she tried to find something to grab onto, she turned the water back on, soaking her. Just her luck. It had knocked the wind out of her system, and she carefully stood up as all of the guys laughed at her clumsiness.

"Screw you all," She laughed.
~
"Chlo, wait up!" Chloe heard a voice from behind. She was walking towards her locker, when her best friend, Mack decided to join her.

"What's up M?" She asked.

"I need you to get me out of detention on Friday," Mack abruptly stated.

"Again? Mack, I can't keep doing this," Chloe said. "What did you do?"

"I might've covered Mrs. Pierce's entire room with wrapping paper."

"Mikayla Ann Browning, what are you doing with your life?" She laughed.

"Who the hell knows?" Mack answered. "Anyways, can you lend your best friend a hand?"

"You're lucky that I don't hate you. I'll talk to my dad later tonight." Chloe's dad was the vice principal. Though it came to an advantage in times like these, it also meant that Chloe and her sophomore brother, Garrett, couldn't get away with anything. If they cared about their sanity, they'd behave, i  order to avoid the never-ending lecture about their actions that would be waiting for them.

"Hey let's go to the mall. We haven't been there in a while, and there's this outfit that's practically screaming 'Mack! Buy me! I would look so cute on you! I love you!' And I really need it!" Mack told her best friend.

"Fine," Chloe agreed. "There's a pair of sneakers that I've had my eyes on lately, and I finally have enough money," Chloe finally reached her locker, opened it, and grabbed her phone. She always kept it in her locker after school until she was done with practice.

Brendan: Hi Chloe, I've been thinking about you lately
Brendan: I want you back
Brendan: We need to catch up soon. I haven't seen you around much lately
Brendan: I just went to the Twenty One Pilots concert, and I thought of you
Brendan: And I remember their concert was our first date
Brendan: Your picture is still in my locker because I love you
Brendan: Life is not the same babe
Brendan: You're the Gabriella to my Troy
Brendan: The chocolate to my vanilla
Brendan: The peanut butter to my jelly
Brendan: The Snoopy to my Charlie Brown
Brendan: The Netflix to my chill
Brendan: The seams to my baseball
Brendan: The fork to my spoon
Brendan: Babe
Brendan: Babyyyyyyyy
Brendan: Chlo Bear, please answer
Brendan: I miss you
[45 missed calls from: Brendan]
[23 voicemails from: Brendan]
Brendan: I'm sorry babe
Brendan: Chloe it'll never happen again she meant nothing to me
Brendan: I was drunk and I didn't know what I was doing
Brendan: I love you Chlo Chlo
Brendan: Baby will you please answer?
Brendan: Do you wanna come over and watch some netflix later?😏
Brendan: Baby...
Brendan: Babe...
Brendan: I still love you
Brendan: Can I have you back?
Brendan: Will you be mine?
Brendan: Will you be my girlfriend?
Brendan: Will you go out with me?
Brendan: Please?
Brendan: Boo I love you
Brendan: Why aren't you answering?
Brendan: I know it was wrong, but it's okay
Brendan: I've changed I promise
Brendan: Why won't you answer me?