Chapter 1: The Beginning

A/N: If you are reading this story on any other platform other than Wattpad you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack. If you wish to read this story in its original, safe, form, please go to https://www.wattpad.com/user/VeronicaKingsley 

*17 Years Ago*

"Oh, mama stop. He's a nice boy, very respectable and mature for his age. I don't see what the fuss is about," Caroline remarked, strapping on her black heels.

Caroline's mother sighed, " He's trouble that's what he is. For one, he lives out of his car, jumping from one motel to the next, with his father and younger brother. Two, he doesn't stay in one place for longer than a month and a half. Three, I just don't want to see your heart get broken." Caroline stood up, embracing her mother in a tight hug.

"I promise I'll be careful. Besides it's our one month anniversary, and he hasn't been in one place for a whole month and a half in a long time." Caroline untangled herself from her mother, giving her a peck on the cheek, before hustling off downstairs. As soon as she reached the bottom, the doorbell rang. She squealed, primping her short curled sandy blonde hair once more, before grabbing her purse, and opening the door.

"Wow, you look gorgeous," Dean breathed out, a smile forming on his face. Caroline blushed sheepishly, looking down at her feet, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear. Dean coughed, shoving his hands in his jackets' pockets. "Shall we go?" he asked, gesturing to his father's 1967 black Chevy Impala. Caroline nodded eagerly, waving goodbye to her mother and father, as they stood, glaring disapprovingly from the living room window.

"Where are we going?" Caroline asked, as the Impala's engine revved to life.

Dean backed out of the driveway, before looking towards Caroline. "It's a surprise." Dean shifted the car into drive and sped off down the road. He was nervous to say the least. This was the longest relationship he'd been in for a good long while. Actually, come to think of it, this was the longest relationship he'd ever been in period. Dean just hoped she'd like the bracelet he made her. For once in his life, he wasn't constantly taking care of Sam, or trying to be the perfect son. He was just, being. His father was stumped on a case they were working. It was supposed to be an easy salt and burn, taking at most a week to gank the son of a bitch, but they'd been in this town for more than six weeks. A nest of a six Demons had turned into twenty overnight. His dad thought this would be a breakthrough in the case about the yellow eyed demon. The one who killed his mother. Though, the longer they stayed in Tennessee, the harder it was going to be to leave. Dean pulled onto a dirt road, leading into Franklin National Forest.

"Dean," Caroline questioned from the seat beside him, "What are we doing at a National Park at 8:00 in the evening?"

Dean smirked. "It wouldn't be much of a surprise if I told you now would it." She shook her head in response. Dean parked the car, and checked his pocket for the bracelet, and rushed over to Caroline's door, helping her out. Caroline smiled at him, taking a hold of his hand, while Dean pulled out a flashlight. He led the way into the forest, as Caroline chatted his ear off about her friend Mary, no Mara; maybe it was Mallory. Dean didn't really care. All he wanted to know was why he was so nervous. He'd been on a million dates before, but being with her, with Caroline, it was different. She wasn't like the other girls he'd go out with. She was kind, funny, beautiful, and she really understood him. Dean came to a stop as they approached a clearing in the forest. Caroline came to a halt, sucking in a lungful of air. A small picnic blanket was set up with candles surrounding it, and a small basket sat atop the blue and white checkered fabric.

"Dean, it. . .it's amazing," Caroline gasped, letting go of his hand and settling down on the soft blanket. Dean let out a sigh of relief, rolling his shoulders back, taking a seat beside Caroline.