Chapt. 8: hood night

"Really making me do this?" Beca huffed out to Emily, who was pushing on Beca's shoulders, basically driving her into the auditorium.

"No, you agreed you would. So, technically, no ones making you do anyth-"

"Emily."

"Huh."

"Shut up."

"Right. Alright," Emily stopped. They were close to the opening where you can walk into the stage. Beca peaked out and saw Chloe sitting there, rubbing her forehead. Beca's not gay, let's get that straight. Yet, she finds Chloe very appealing. The way she-

"Go!" Emily yelled into Beca's ear as she shoved her onto the stage.

"Oh wait, there's one more." Chloe announced, waving Beca over. The kid who was going to officially end today's auditions pinched the bridged of his nose and walked of stage.

Beca awkwardly waved, "hello. I, didn't, know, we had to prepare that song."

"Oh that's okay, sing anything you want." Chloe smiled simply and whispered something into Stacie's ear.

Beca got down on her knees and leaned over, showing an ample amount of breast. The coffee that Chloe was currently gulping down, yeah, she choked on it.

"Seriously!" Stacie yelled.

Chloe gave her a very grieving look as she cleaned up the coffee.

"May I?" Beca was pointing at Chloe's yellow coffee cup (the one that contained the coffee that now is soaked into her Chloe's shirt).

"Go ahead."

Beca sat back and placed the cup, face down, on the stage floor. She gave Chloe a quick look, then proceeded to hit the cut repeatedly on the floor, creating a beat.

Once she began signing, Chloe couldn't help but smile. Stacie noticed this.

I've got my ticket for the long way 'round

Two bottle whiskey for the way

And I sure would like some sweet company

And I'm leaving tomorrow what d'you say

When I'm gone, when I'm gone

You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

You're gonna miss me by my hair

You're gonna miss me everywhere, oh

You're sure gonna miss me when I'm gone.

The auditorium was silent. Not to exaggerate but - Chloe was awed. In that moment Chloe felt as if an angel was sitting in front on her. Literally. Stacie on the other hand was jotting down notes and fixating her shirt, exposing more cleavage. Chloe wanted to speak but couldn't, she just kept staring. Swallowing her pride. Chloe's not one to be token back by anyone, let alone a freshman. Stacie eventually spoke up, seeing that no one else was going to.

"I think-"

"Alright!," the announcer came out. "That's it for today. If one of the acapella groups wants you, they will contact you."

Before Chloe could speak to Beca, she had already left the auditorium with Emily.

"Are you sure you don't like her. Even at the slightest?" Stacie questioned.

"No. No- i, she just- her performance was,"

"Amazing, yeah I know, I was tiring beside you when it happened."