"Where do you think you're going?" he questioned.

"To explore the forest," I stated and tried to continue to the door again.

"Not alone."

"I don't need a babysitter. I can take care of myself," I seethed at him. I'm sick of feeling like a baby around them, I can take care of myself and don't need to be watched over every second.

"I know you can take care of yourself, but I don't want you to go alone." Logan's voice was pleading and I just sighed and gave up, there was no way I was going to win this.

"Fine."

I began walking to the door again, this time he followed, thankfully it was just him. We made it outside and I took a deep breath of the fresh air, this was nice. I looked around and chose a random trail that was directly in front my me. I turned my head slightly to look at Logan. He was already looking at me, so I gave him a little smirk before taking off running towards the trail. I was already halfway there before he started after me with a worried look.

"Max! You shouldn't be running!" he yelled from be hind me. I just laughed in returned as kept going, this is the first exercise I've gotten all week.

As we got further down the trail the closer Logan got to me. He had good stamina, I had to give him that, but I've running my entire life... physically and theoretically.  Next thing I know two arms are wrapping themselves around my waist bringing me to a halt.  

"You shouldn't be running," Logan repeated in a whisper in my ear. Shivers racked my body for the tone of it. 

I turned my head to see his face, but he froze in place. His eyes glossed over and he just stood there for a second before snapping out of it. His entire demeanor changed and suddenly took my hand in a steel grip and began dragging me back to the house.

"Logan? What's going on?" I asked him, but I didn't get an answer. "Logan! Why are you taking me back?"

"To protect you," he growled.

"Protect me? From what, the bunnies in the bushes?" I asked sarcastically. Again, he didn't answer and I was getting more annoyed by the second, I forced my hand out of his and stopped. Something was going on and no one was telling me, and probably was planning on never telling me in the first place. 

"Max, we have to get you back to the house," Logan stated, and as he turned his eyes were no longer the beautiful golden color, but now pitch black. It was scary and I backed away slightly.

A loud fierce growl came from behind us. I turned to see whee is came from and was met with a huge wolf, similar to the one I encountered in the wood a few days ago. It's eyes were black and its teeth were bared in a snarl. I started to back away out of instinct.

"Dammit, how did they get this far in?" Logan said to himself. I was still backing away when I heard the cracking and shifting of bones, but I couldn't care less to where they were coming from. 

Before I could blink, the wolf lunged towards me. I was thrown to the ground and smacked into a large rock head first. It was hard enough to have black dots flood my vision and make everything blurry. I felt liquid dripping down my face. Before I blacked out the only thing I thought was: I've been through this before.

I was back at my old town, it was dark and sketchy as I walked back to m house. No one would be there, though, they were all dead. I quickened my pace as I thought I heard something from behind.

Just as I was about to round the last corner I came face to face with a tall man with scar going over his left eyebrow crossing his nose and ending in the middle of his right cheek. He wore a smirk and his dark eyes looked sadistic. Behind him, two wolves trotted up and stood besides him, their teeth showing as they snarled and growled towards me. 

The man whistled and they both ran at me. I dropped everything I had with me and turned to flee, but I didn't make it far until one of the wolves was jumping onto my back and pushing me to the ground. I bounced at the painful impact and cried out as claws from the animal pierced my skin keeping me glued to the earth.

I had enough strength to move my head to see the man, who was still smirking. He was walking and stopped when he was in front of me. The smirk left his face as all his features turned to stone. Everything changed, even the wolf holding me down tensed and pushed away slightly.

"You are going to pay for the death of my son."

Logan's POV-

I started to shift, not caring if Max found out about us now, when the rouge lunged at her. She was thrown to the ground was soon unconscious. The rouge was still on top of her and going towards her neck. I finally was fully shifted and I didn't waste a second before lunging at the wolf. I bit down on the back of its neck and jabbed my claws into its sides. The rouge howled in pain as he jumped to the side, trying to get me off, but I only held tighter.

"North side, one rouge in sight, may be more. Max is unconscious," I linked at anyone.

I swiftly took out the rouge by letting go and flipping it over. I lunged at it again, this time my jaws open and heading straight for its neck. I latched on and bit down hard then pulled back forcefully, taking its now ripped out throat with me. I spit out the flesh and went over to Max and stood over her protectively until someone else got here. 

"Logan, are you okay?" someone linked to me, but I was too focused on my task at protecting Max I couldn't make out who it was.

"Yes," I replied curtly.

I head pounding of paws against the ground coming my way and I tensed up ready to fight. Four wolves came into sight and I immediately recognized them as pack warriors. They looked to me then to Max.

"Go, take her back. We can handle this," one of them linked to me.

I didn't respond but instead shifted and picked Max up in my arms. I began sprinting back to my house thinking of all the ways of how rouges got onto the territory and how I was going to explain this to Max. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hullo Giraffes!

How was the chapter?

I'm trying to introduce certain parts earlier into the book, hoping it will help with the plot and stuff, so any questions don't be scared to ask!

Okay! Bye For Now My Giraffes! Be Crazy! Stay Awesome! Love Your Stuffed Animals!