~2~

Max's POV-

I'm not much of a morning person, at all actually. Waking up at four in the morning and not able to fall back asleep it the worse for me. I don't get enough sleep as it is. I made the decision to get up and make something to eat instead of laying on my uncomfortable bed.

I made a bowl of cereal and some toast since I didn't have much else to eat otherwise. It didn't take me long to finish it all and afterwards I just changed into another v-neck and jeans since that was ninety-nine percent of my clothes.

I put my hair in a braid going over my left shoulder and started my way down the apartment buildings stairs. Once I got outside, only then did I realize it now was only five o'clock. I sighed. I still had time before I had to leave for school. I looked around and saw the forest surrounding pretty much everywhere. 

Why not? I need to get to know the place anyway. I reasoned to myself as I started to make my way over to the trees.

I quickly found a trail that twisted around many trees and I soon found myself coming up to a large oak tree. I shrugged my shoulders, I could easily climb up it. I was about to but I heard a whine from behind me, an animal whine. Almost sounded like a dog. 

it caused me to stop what I was doing and turn around slowly and cautiously. I gasped and tried to control my now rapid breathing. Though, that was a hard thing to do when you're face to face with a wolf.

it was a huge, midnight black wolf just sitting there in front of me. Not making any moves or showing any aggressive means toward me. At all. I was more scared of the fact that it wasn't doing anything instead coming at me trying to kill me.

All it did was stare, with it's... beautiful golden hazel eyes. The most movement the beast did was look at me from head to toe, maybe trying to find a weak point on me. I was going to die.

I'll never admit this to anyone, but if the wolf was planning on killing me, I probably would let it. Finally stopping my thoughts of ending my life. Though, it was times like this, where my life might just end, my head decides it wants to continue to live and throws these "What ifs" into my thoughts and I end up not doing anything.

I stopped feeling emotions awhile ago. I bottled them all up, keeping them all away from me. All they ever did for me was show weakness and end up getting me hurt in the end.

Another whine came from the wolf making my head snap towards it again. Okay, all I have to do it wake away slowly. Not make away fast or sudden movements that were unpredictable.

I stopped. When have I ever let anything scare me? Never. Taking a deep breath, I decided I wasn't going to be scared right now. I pushed away my fear as I turned on my heel and walked away fairly quickly. Even though, deep in my mind I felt like it was going to follow me and eat me limb by limb.

Not even noticing, I was sprinting, dodging trees and bushed, trying not to trip. There was another whimper and then thundering sounds of paws hitting the earth quickly catching up on me. 

I no longer had control over my body. I ran faster subconsciously trying to get out of the forest as soon as possible. 

Was this thing just determined to kill me or...? 

Next thing I knew I was falling after tripping over a tree root. I landed hard onto the ground and a pain shot up though my side where a pointed rock jabbed.

"Fuck," I whispered yelled, as I rolled over onto my back. 

I noticed the wolf stopped, too. It was whimpering, making me squint my eyes in confusion. I sat up and just stared into the wolf's eyes, trying to figure out what the hell was going on. I was memorized by the color of it's eyes. The golden color holding me still. This creature was beautiful.