Chapter 1

*Bring Bring* Thats the school bell signaling another dreary day of high school where no one every rembers my name. Except for the girl walking in her name is Piper a.k.a the most popular, beautiful, she has long black hair with blue coloring at the tips. She is like the perfect height and she can tan, and she is my best friend in this wretched school. Me? I'm the invisible girl whose learned to blend in and 'become one with my surroundings'. No I'm just quiet and most people don't pay attention to me, it's just who I am. My name is Phoenix. I'm really short, like 5'1, I have straight red hair, and I can't tan. I have never had a guy pay attention to me, and I'm constantly made fun off. I'm not sure why. The person behind the bulling is Aspen. Like Piper she is part of the popular crowd.

"PHOENIX! Because you can't pay attention in my class you can come to the board and solve this problem." said Mrs. Jackson. She is my geometry teacher I have her for first period, "Yah." I muttered under my breath as I slid out of my sit and walk up to the bored.
Let's see I have to find x so I carry the one dived by two and...
I set the marker down and walk back too my seat. "Well done Miss Scott." said Mrs. Jackson after she explained the problem to the class. Piper turned around and gave me a thumbs up.

*Bring Bring* As I started to walk out of the class Piper came up besides me "So there's a party is tonight and I'm inviting you so you better come!" Said Piper, "But what if-" "I'm going to stop you right there, your coming and your going to wear something nice. Besides it will be good for you to mingle with other people." "Fine" "I knew would agree!" "Only because you wouldn't have taken no for an answer." "I'll see you after school Phoenix!" "Bye Piper!"

The kids in the hallway looked at me like I was crazy. I mean of course they were ease dropping, because I was talking to the queen of the school. I watched Piper walk up to her boyfriend Trevor, he is a real royal pain in my ass. He is aragonite and selfish, Piper is way to good for him, just saying. But I could see why she would be with him. It's a status type thing, the most popular girl dates the most popular guy. It's extremely annoying.

The rest of the day was like every other day. Walking through the halls getting tripped while trying to get to class and the occasional shoving me into a locker type stuff, it was an accident but it still hurts. It was my lunch period and I always sit outside next to a tree close to the school. I was sitting there eating my lunch when, "Hey midget! What's up loser?" I heard Aspen yell at me. I looked up and came face to face with her dark grey eyes and gasped at how close we were to each other. "What's the matter chicken? You scared?" I kept looking at her face as I heard her little group snicker at her comment, I felt my face go beat red. That did not help my situation, I could tell because everyone started howling with laughter. I started to stand up to get away from their laughter and humiliation. "Where do you think your going midget." said Aspen as she pushed me down again, I flinched when she touched my shoulder. "Are you scared?"

I wasn't scared that she pushed me I wasn't sure what she was going to do exactly. Aspen examined me like I was a piece of meat that she was going to eat. "Hmmm... Newbie come here. I want you to prove your loyalty to this group, can you do that for me?" I looked up at the petit girl in front of me. *Bring Bring* "Well it looks like lunch is over. It's a shame really." Aspen said as she and her gang walked off. I stood up and realized I had the same P. E. class as Aspen. "Shit" I muttered under my breath as I began walking to class.

"10 laps around the gym!" yelled our P.E. teacher Mr. Hillman. I shook my head and started jogging, so I could keep my strength up for later and not lag behind with everyone else. I was on my 5th lap when I felt someone come up behind me. I looked to my left and saw, Aspen, she smirked at me and ran into me on 'accident', and rammed be into the gym wall. After everyone finished we were split up into teams for dodgeball. Yay. I was able to dodge all the balls that were being thrown at me. And then I was the last one standing on my team. I looked up from catching a ball and saw that there were three people standing on the other team. I gulped and braced myself for the impact. I first on came and it wasn't to hard, the second one felt the same, but the third one as I was stumbling back hit me full force in my stomach. I felt sick, like the I'm going to throw up type sick. We had 5 minutes to change before school was let out. Yeah P.E. last period SO much fun.

I walked outside to wait for Piper, as I strapped on my rollerblades and stood up waiting for her. I wear rollerblades while Piper rides on a skateboard. I honestly just love the feeling of speeding down hills. It makes me feel like a superhero, and sometimes everyone just needs to feel that way.