The One That Got Away

Start from the beginning

“Welcome back to 93.3. We’ll be playing the song “You’ by Radiohead!” The voice of the man said over the Radio.

 “You are the sun and moon and stars are you. And I could never run away from you” Came the voice singing from the radio.

 Hayden pulled back a little, and murmured. “Lacey you are the sun, moon, and stars to me.”

                                                               ~*~*~*~

“C’mon Lacey! We need to celebrate your birthday!” Hayden grinned. “Your finally 18!”

I smiled. Today was June 18Th. My golden birthday. And Hayden had taken my out to dinner, and brought me back to his house. A evil grin was on his face.

“Hayden, what are you doing?” I asked, giggling.

He kissed the top of my head. “Grabbing something. I’ll be right up.”

I nodded, and started walking up the stairs to Hayden’s room on the second floor. I leaned against the window, glancing out at the evening sky. The stars lit up the night.

Two hands covered my eyes. “Guess who?” A voice asked, laughing silently. He lifted his hands off my eyes, and turned me around, giving my cheek a soft peck. Hayden opened the window, and crawled out onto his roof. “Lacey, grab my hand.” He said, stretching his hand toward me.

I stared at him uneasily, and then took a deep breath. I can do this, I thought. I took his hand, and we crawled up to a good spot of the roof. “Look at what I grabbed.” Hayden said, putting something in front of my face.

“You stole Liquor? You’re such a bad boy Hayden.” I said, laughing, taking the bottle from him. Unscrewing the lid, I dunk the bottle back.

Hayden grinned. “Cheers!” He held out his bottle, and I brought mine against it.  “And Happy Birthday, Lacey.”

I smiled, and took another swig.

                                                                  ~*~*~*~            

“Lacey. I’ve heard some…rumors.” Shay said uneasily.

I glanced at her. “What are they?”

“Well I’ve heard Hayden had his Tattoo removed.”

“That’s not a big deal.” I said, trying not to sound a little upset. We both had gotten little tattoos with each other initials.

 What was happening to us?

                                                     ~*~*~*~

“Damn it Lacey! Why the hell do you have to go and ruin everything?” Hayden yelled.

 Tears fell down my face. “I’m sorry!”  

 I had just hurt Hayden’s chances into getting into the college he wanted to go to.  He had wanted to desperately go to Notre Dame and play soccer for them. But I ruined it.

 “I had the chance of a life time, and you ruined it all!” Hayden said. “Crap. What am I going to tell my parents?” He asked rubbing his forehead.

 “You now Lacey. We’ve been growing apart for a while now.”

Oh no.

 “I think we need to go our separate ways. You need to follow music, and I need to follow my soccer career.”