Chapter 34

Rose

We went back to my place after that.Brought all the spirit users that Viktor had kidnapped and i can't believe he just let them go.Let us go.I was so relieved when i knew Cassie's still safe and Lissa too.My mind is a mess right now,thinking what's on Victor's devilish mind.He's playing me,i know it.I'd be dumb if i just ignore this.I need to do something.

I don't know what though.I have no clues as to where he is right now or what he is.Also,how the heck did he vanished into thin air.How the even fuck did that happened? To say he's a ghost,is not entirely true.

"Think about it Rose.I'll be watching."

The thought of him saying that to me still creep the heck out of me.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair.

The darkness.The rage.It's getting too powerful.I don't know how to control it no more.Because of my darkness,Victor got away and my family and all the people i care about,is in danger.

You know,sometimes,i think the world would be better off without me.I brought all this danger onto the people i cared about.They don't deserve this.None of them does.

"Let the darkness consume you."

I growled,frustrated and grabbed the nearest thing on my nightstand and throw it hard on the wall,screaming.

Turns out,i threw my digital alarm clock which is now broken into pieces.

"That's the 3rd time this week." Dimitri said from behind me.I turned to look at him and he's leaning against the door frame with a small grin.My mouth formed a small smile for a split second before returning my gaze at the broken pieces of the alarm clock.

He wrapped his arm around me and brought my face to his chest.He kissed my head and i pulled away to look at him,intertwining my hand with his.

His face,i observed,had a hard bruise on his cheek and a couple of scratches.

"I'm sorry." I said,touching his good cheek gently."For everything."

"It's okay Rose." He said gently with a small smile.

"No,it's not Dimitri.I blame everything on me.Because of me,people are in danger.And don't you dare say it's not my fault because it is.These people don't deserve this.They're so much better off without me.All of you would be better off without me."

Dimitri sighed and kneeled down beside me.He held my hands with both his.

"Don't you say that Rose," He said,shaking his head."Without you,Cassie wouldn't be here.And I,"

"And you would be just fine," I cupped his face."You would've find someone who deserves you so much more than I do." I said with a small smile.

"But you exist,and you're here.Alive and the strongest person i know.Don't let Viktor get to you.You know he's good at manipulating people.You're stronger than the darkness that's inside of you.I know that.We'll catch Viktor soon.We'll solve this problem like we always do.Have you not realized that,together we can do so much?" The corner of my mouth lifted forming a small grin.He kissed my temple."I love you and there's no one in this world could ever replace you.You're my soulmate.And i'm yours." He said with a  grin.

"Wow.You're so cheesy Comrade.You should lay off the romance cowboy books." He laughed.

My stomach just had to ruin the moment.

"Sounds like someone's hungry."

"Starving."

Of course i am.I hadn't eat anything since we got back from The Varaightor.When we came home,I went straight to my room to freshen up and soon fell asleep.So yeah,i'm starving.

My face lit up when i saw Lissa cradling Cassie in her arms.

"Hi my little warrior," I said as Lissa gave me the now very awake baby girl."Did you missed me? Because,i surely did." I kissed her nose and her whole face.She smells so good."Thanks for taking care of her Liss." She nodded."I'm sorry i haven't done my responsiblity as a mom but things are just too complicated right now and i need to keep you safe,okay?" She made some cute weird baby sounds.I kissed her small little hands."Mommy loves you,you remember that."

"There's my two lovely ladies." Said Dimitri,coming up to us."Hi milaya,you seem happy today." She giggled.Awww.Then we heard a snap.

It's Lissa with the polaroid camera.

She waited for the picture to come clear.

"Aww,this is adorable." She said once it did."Here," She handed me the picture.

It's almost like we were in some sort of a movie.I'm looking lovingly at Cassie and she's smiling and Dimitri had his arm around me and Cassie.

"Thanks Liss.This is great,and i'm gonna keep it with me."

She hugs me.

"I'm just so happy to see you like this even in moments like this."

I held her tight and let her go.

"Rose,come on,food's ready." Said Dimitri while looking at Cassie who's craddled around Dimitri's arms."You need to have food inside you."

"Delicious ones at that." Dimitri's a great chef.Cook? Whatever.

×××××

I'm so full.Dimitri fed me too much.Funny how it's supposed to be the other way round.I was washing the dishes when suddenly Sydney burst into the kitchen with her laptop.

"I found Viktor."