Chapter 14: Birthday Family Reunion part 1

Start from the beginning

I start to walk away, but Gabby stops me and says "Klaus! You're nothing like Mikael; you're better. You would do anything to protect your little girl. You have a good side. You're loving, you have your siblings, and you have me." I look towards her and smile and she smiles back.

I hear a very jealous and angry Kol spat "if you two love birds are done, we're ready to pay now." He walks to the register and I just roll my eyes while Gabby looks at him with sad eyes.

Hayley walks over to us with an ouch look, no doubt referring to what Kol just said to us. We go over to the register and pay for our stuff for Hope then head to the car and get in.

Hayley and I get in the front while Gabby and Kol get in the back. Hayley and I let out a shaky breath. Before I drive off, Kol asks "you guys ready?" And we say, determined "yes!"

Stefan's POV
It's six o'clock and Hope and Bonnie are here. Everyone gets into their hiding spots. When we hear them come in and the lights come on, we jump out saying "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HOPE!" We all blow horns and throw confetti in the air. Hope has a bright smile on her face. She runs to me and I pick her up and hug her.

She says "THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU, DADDY S!" I hug her tighter and say "you're welcome sweetie! But, the ones you should really thank for all this is your Auntie C and Auntie E

She says "THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU, DADDY S!" I hug her tighter and say "you're welcome sweetie! But, the ones you should really thank for all this is your Auntie C and Auntie E."

I kiss her forehead and put her down, so she can go to them. She hugs and thanks Caroline and Erin first. She then gives everyone except Damon, Elena, and Tyler a hug.

After thirty minutes of playing games, we are all outside in the back and I hear my phone beep and I leave everyone for a second. Jeremy, Matt, and Jontae are teaching Hope how to play soccer. She finds that sport interesting.

I look at my phone and Elijah texted me saying "We're here!" I look towards Hope and the others. They notice my look and they nod their heads. I go out to the front to meet them and they are right in front of me.

I say "hey! You ready?" They nod their heads. I lead them inside and to the back. We walk out and see Hope laughing and giggling. I see them become mesmerized by her.

Everyone including Hope looks over here and Hope tilts her head to the side in confusion. Everyone is putting on their best smiles while Elena, Tyler, and Damon just frown and I glare at them. They roll their eyes at me.

So help me God, if they act up during this they are getting the hell out. I mouth to them "act right or get out!" They sigh and just put on a fake smile. Damon I know will clean up his act because if he doesn't he knows I'll throw him out and he won't get to see Gabby.

I say "Hope? Come over here, please!" She gives Jontae the ball and runs over here to us. When she's here, she asks "Daddy S? Who are these guys?" And I say "remember in the stories about your noble uncle and independent aunt." She smiles widely and asks "Auntie Beks? Uncle Eli?"

They look at me shocked and I smile at them. Rebekah gets out of it and goes and hugs her and Hope hugs back. Elijah hugs her too and I can't help, but smile at this. Everyone is watching curiously because they've never seen the originals like this. So human. Hope is certainly one special kid.

After an hour, we go inside and finally cut the cake. Hope is telling them about herself; about her love for trampolines, chicken nuggets, and movies. After another hour, Elijah says "I'm afraid we must be going." Hope frowns and asks "right now?"

Rebekah says "yes, but before we do we want to give you our presents." Hope's eyes light up with happiness and Elijah gives her his present to her. It is a lion king blanket.

Hope says "Simba and Nala!" She hugs it and says "it's so soft." Making all of us chuckle a little. Now Rebekah is giving Hope her present. When Hope opens it, she smiles brightly and shows all of us. It's a purple bracelet with a big rose on the front.

Hope says jumping up and down a little "thank you! Thank you! Thank you, Uncle Eli and Auntie Beks!" And Elijah says "you are very welcome! But we must be going now." She saddens a little and asks "will I get to see you again?"

I look up at them and they look at me. They look back to Hope and Rebekah says "yes sweetie, you will eventually. I promise! Once our home is safe for you again." She nods her head and hugs Elijah and Rebekah. I smile at this scene along with everyone else and it's not a fake smile, it's an actual smile.

I guess they're finally realizing the originals have a human side too. Next up, the one I'm mostly excited about, is Hayley, Kol, Klaus, and my baby sister. I need to know that she's okay and not hurt. Hope keeps staring at the bracelet and the blanket.

I walk up to the others and say "Hayley, Klaus, Kol, and Gabby are next." I see a little happiness in their eyes, but I know it's all about seeing Gabby. I know they're going to try and convince her to stay here with us and not go back.