XIX- Bonding time.

I formally apologise for having to start these chapters off with an "IM SORRY IM SO LATE GOD IM SUCH A BAD AUTHOR"

I'm trying to get my act together, I swear. But I'm single now (woo!) so I have no boyfriend trying to take up all my time :)

TOTALLY NOT EDITED SO BARE WITH ME, MY EDITOR IS CURRENTLY LOST

Bold= Swedishhhh

N I N E T E E N | BONDING TIME

It's okay to lie if it's for a good cause, right?

Clarke held her head in her hands, not sure of what she should do. She knew he would ask for her, it would have been naively stupid to think otherwise, and as happy as she was to hear Bellamy's voice once again, she knew that the happiness wouldn't last for long. Not if she told him where Carter really was.

"Uh, she's out at the moment." Was Clarke's reply... But that single moment of hesitation is what ruined her plan.

"Where is she, Clarke?" His voice had dropped all happiness and relief that was there a few moments previously. He knew something was up, no thanks to her terrible ability to lie.

She didn't know what to do. She wanted to do the right thing, to tell him where Carter had really gone... But she knew if she told him that then he'd immediately want to search for her instead of completing what he's there to do. Clarke's plan relied on Bellamy, he couldn't become distracted.

She was doing it for her friends. To save them.

"She's helping Raven with the signal tower since Raven can't climb the ladder." Clarke cleared her throat, squeezing her hands into fists. It felt so wrong to lie to him, but she knew it was the right thing to do. At least that was what she thought anyway.

"... Okay." Bellamy's voice still sounded suspicious, but he seemed to drop it. "Is Octavia okay?"

Clarke snorted. "You've asked me that already, they're both fine." I hope, she whispered inwardly. "Just focus on what you've got to do Bellamy, this entire thing relies on you succeeding."

"It'll happen, don't worry."

And with that, the two leaders ended their conversation. Clarke hung her head even lower. Carter had been gone all night and dawn was just about to break with still no communication from her. Wick had said she had a radio, so why had they not heard from her?

Clarke immediately thought of the worst and prayed that she was wrong.

"She's gonna ring in, don't worry." A voice spoke from behind her and Clarke straightened herself up, looking back at Raven. "You shouldn't have lied to him though."

"What was I supposed to do? We need Bellamy now more than ever, if he dies, we die. I can't have him getting distracted." Clarke tried to reason, but the words felt bitter on her tongue.

"And what about when she finds him? He's gonna know you lied then." Raven sat beside Clarke.

"But what if she doesn't find him? She's been gone for hours Raven and we've heard nothing. It was a stupid idea letting her go alone." Clarke clenched her jaw.

"You really think she would have stayed behind on your say so?" Raven flicked up an eyebrow, her eyes sparkled dimly with amusement. Clarke knew she had a point, there wasn't a time she could remember that Carter listened to authority against her own actions... Not even her dad. "Besides, you should have more faith in her, she's not easy to kill, just like we aren't. She's one of us, I know she can do it."