Chapter 2: Funeral

"It has been three days since Skylar is in hospital and four days since the accident. She hasn't shown any emotions yet or has kept herself well Ms Edward" Dr Anderson explained my grandma.

"I know, I have tried explaining her so many times that she has to agree to the fact that her parents are no more." grandma explained the doctor as calm as she can but I can tell she could burst into tears if she continues to talk.

I haven't ate, slept or said anything to anyone since that day. Doctors, nurses and my grandma have tried explaining me that I should let out on my emotions but I don't want to. I don't want to agree on the fact that my parents are no more. I can't. It's too much to take, it's like I've been thrown onto a boat alone in the middle of the ocean to find my way back to where I should be, but don't know where to go.

Staring out of the the window I could see a family in a children's playground, reminding me of my mum and dad who use to always take me to the children's playground and teach me how to swing on my own, without anyone pushing me from the back. I always use to moan that I couldn't swing but my dad use to say the same thing when I use to moan.

'Never give up, if you don't try you won't achieve what you want.'

And I always use to listen to him and never gave up and tried my best to achieve my aims. I have always followed my dad's main rule in life since I was a little annoying kid.

**********

I hear a knock on the door and I see that it was my grandma, she slowly rolled her wheelchair near my bed. I could tell she was tired from what happened in the past few days and taking care of me. I tried my best to try to handle myself but I couldn't.

"Are you feeling any better Skylar?"

I lie by nodding my head saying that I am fine but I could tell she knew that I was lying , of course she knew I was lying because I'm a bad liar and the fact she knows me from top to bottom.

"Skylar, I know it is hard for you at the moment, but I just came here to tell you that your parents funeral is going to be tomorrow" I looked at my grandma in shock because she decides to tell me now that my parents funeral is tomorrow.

"I know child I should have told you before, but I couldn't make you more upset when you was in a worse situation then now." I looked away from my grandma and started to stare outside the window again looking at the family who was still at the children's playground.

**********

Grandma's POV

The day has arrived for the funeral where I hope Skylar realises it is time to move on and start new a chapter in her life. I could see her sitting on her hospital bed looking through a album full of images of her and her parents. She was the only child of my son in law Sam and my daughter Maria, but she never felt alone with the support of her parents.

"Skylar."

She looks at me then to the black dress I was holding for her. It's her cloths for the funeral, a knee length black dress. Something I know Skylar won't like to wear but her mother use to love seeing her in dresses. She didn't complain like she normally would, saying that 'I don't wear dresses it's to girly.' I miss her smiling, laughing, talking and especially her moaning. She has lost her parents and herself.