My Ninjutsu Expedition, And First Realization

En başından başla

"Well, Himitsu, in only one day, you got all of the basics of Ninjaness down. I guess tomorrow we can work on your personal ninjutsus. I wonder though, how we'll do that." I straightened my stance, and stretched my back.

"I think I know how, but I'll of course, need Kakashi to teach me this, Naruto. You don't need to know it yet. Do you think I could talk to Kakashi tomorrow?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Umm, I think that should be fine. He's not on any missions. But he's in the hospital. Can he teach you anything from there?" He wondered.

"Of course, I have that figured out. Later, of course, I'll need your help again, though." I smiled. He grinned back.

"Well, Himitsu, it's gonna get dark soon, so, you want me to walk you back? We're going the same way anyway." He questioned.

"Sure, Naruto, I'd love to take you up on that offer, if you don't mind." I said, trying not to blush.

"That's great, come on, Himitsu!" He ran over, and grabbed my hand.

"Wahh!" I cried, as he pulled me along into town. I looked up at Naruto. His hair was whipping in the wind, and he had the goofiest smile on his face. But, somehow... He looked genuinely happy. I giggled, and hid my burning face with my bangs. 

I got home safely, and locked my door behind me, saying night to Naruto. I walked into my blank apartment, and sat on my bed. I slipped off my clothing, leaving only my bra and panties left. I brushed my hair, and sat at the white table. I hadn't eaten anything all day, but I wasn't hungry. I was almost never hungry there, at the facility. Or slave, house, whatever the hell you wanted to call it.

I slipped under the covers of my bed, and closed my eyes.

And the nightmares gave me a surprise greeting.

It was the battlefield.

This was it. 

The battle to change it all. 

I swung my sword, as if a queen, and struck every enemy slave who passed. One after one, they fell cold, dead, and bloody at my feet.

So this is what a monster looks like, eh?

I turned for moment, watching Alice slice throats gracefully, as though it was a dance, and not a slaughter. She raised her kunai, and I caught a sad look in her eyes.

Flashes. Of a girl...

What the hell?

Her hair also white, and her eyes just as sad...

Her weapon raised...

And brought down...

On my brother.

It... Couldn't be... Right?

Alice...

Alice killed my family?

My...

MY ONLY FRIEND BETRAYED ME!!

"SSSSHHRRING!!" I gasped.

A burning pain resounded through my stomach. 

I looked down.

A sword was plunged through my gut.

In my weak form, I still raised my own weapon, and sliced the throat of the slave that stabbed me.

I fell.