Chapter 4

It had been a year since that dinner and naruto had been as distant as possible from his family besides mito. It killed kushina and Minato, but with training minami and naruko, Shinobi duties and finally being parents they had little time for pitying themselves.

     "Huh",  he couldn't believe it, him, the yellow flash. The sole reason for iwas surrender in the war. The one people called the greatest of the hokages. Here he was having family issues. Minami and narukos training had gone well, they could go into three tails fine even if there blood lust increased, they were still in control. Naruko though a prodigy was having problems keeping up with her other half. Minami was cool collected smart and strong most experienced Genin would have trouble fighting her. Naruto though, after that dinner, one of his biggest mistakes, had stopped trying in the academy and instead of bettering himself he often either ditched class with shikamaru and choji or was meditating. Actually it was scary when he was meditating he was completely still and quiet the exact opposite to his usual boisterous self. Only good thing was he didn't prank anymore. Maybe he would leave early today, he just wished this could sort itself out.

     Kushina couldn't believe her son had gone to dinner at the Nara complex AGAIN! This had been the third time this week. "Why the hell is this happening." Her sons life consisted of cloud watching with shikamaru and choji. Eating with shikamaru and choji. Sleeping over at shikamaru or chojis. And finally meditating, which he did for hours on end somehow without moving a bit. He was like a rock, unmoving. "Hey kushina where is everyone." Minato said as he literally flashed into the house only to go face first into the ground. Courtesy of the red death (does anyone know how that nickname came to be?). "Minato what did I tell you about flashing into the house." "Sorry kushina but its been a long day and wanted to be home as soon as possible." Kushina still looked a little pissed but there was understanding as well. "Just don't keep doing it, dinner should be ready soon, actually now that you're here why don't you set the dinner table." "I'm fine with it." "Aww how cute Minato you thought you had a choice." Minato could only sweat drop at his wife's triumphant look, she and naruto were so alike, especially there smile. It killed him there relationship wasn't better. "So where are the kids kushina." "Minami and naruko are doing homework, mito is playing dolls in her room, and naruto is staying the night at the Naras AGAIN!" " Wow naruto has sure gotten close to shikamaru and choji, but they are always staying the night at the Nara or Akimichi complex. Why don't we have them over here." "Perfect, then naruto well have to eat and spend time with us even if he does have friends." "Uhh, kushina I didn't mean it like that, I just think it's the right thing to do." Too bad for Minato that she was done listening and cooking with vigor, hoping her improvised version of minatos plan would work.

Week Later

"Why are we here." Said Shikaku in a lazy drawl. "We are here concerning the Uzumaki clan ritual." "What do you mean by ritual." Said choza. "Well you see on the tenth birthday a Uzumaki will undergo a chakra ritual. It's kind of like choosing a path. My chakra chains is the path I chose. There are limitless ideas, but once you choose it is over, you are stuck with that ability forever." Said kushina. "Odd," said Shikaku "doesn't your daughter, mito, use chakra chains." "Yes but since she hasn't committed to that choice yet they can not be used to their full potential." "Yes," said Minato "and I wish to formally invite everyone in this room to my triplets ritual, your children and spouses are of course welcome to come as well."

"A ritual," said choji through his mouthful of chips. "Yeah it's supposed to be really cool and you guys are invited." Said naruto enthusiastically. "It's troublesome to ask but what's your path gonna be." "Don't know I'm gonna wing it." "You sure naruto, I mean isn't this like the most important choice you could ever make." Said choji, naruto took a chip from chojis bag "you're probably right I'll think it over." "Nii-san" yelled mito, "mom and dad told me to get you." "Ok fine, see u guys later." "Actually mom and dad said for them to come over and spend the night." "Really," when had they been interested in his friends. "Ok, you guys want to spend the night." "Yeah sure" "beats going home to my troublesome mother."

Shikamaru and choji could only look in awe of narutos house. A huge iron gate with fuinjitsu seals, a huge training ground with lush green grass and trees and a giant building at least two acres long and an acre wide with two stories. It was huge for a family of six. In the training ground naruko and Minami were training. "Wow naruto you're sisters are really good" said choji. Naruko over heard and stopped the kunai training to walk over. Minami seeing what she did immediately walked over as well. Over the time after the big dinner naruko and Minami had gotten closer. The problem though was mito was not so kind to naruko, after seeing what she did to her brother she openly showed her dislike for naruko. Naruko hated this as she wanted to be close to her sister but new it was not possible without making up with naruto which no one in the family but mito, has been able to do. "Hey mito how's it going," mito didn't respond to narukos comment and merely looked away. "Mito come on, can you stop being mad." "Can you stop having a flat chest." Now while you may think she's not even ten yet it is common knowledge a female Uzumaki developed assets earlier than most. So while Minami was developing quite well her sister was not. "Well can you stop looking like a stupid tomato." Naruko immediately threw her hands over her mouth. "I-I I hate you naruko." Mito said as tears slid down her face. She immediately ran into the main house away from every one. Naruko immediately chased after her to apologize. "Well that was strange huh Nii-san." Said Minami. Hoping to start a conversation. "Yeah," was his only response. "How troublesome"

I'm back sorry for the delay but it took me forever to find a way to explain the power I'm gonna give naruto so I came up with the Uzumaki clan ritual. Review and comment please.