11

*will get heated this chapter.
Jade walked in the room she shared with Aria and closed the door. She saw that Aria was still awake, waiting for Jade.

"Evening," Jade whispered, climbing in the bed with Aria and wrapping her arms around the young woman.

"Evening," Aria responded, nuzzling her head into Jade's neck.

"You know, Tris still thinks we're just crazy," Jade whispered. "So does Tobias."

"Your dad and mom love you," Aria said.

"Dad loves me," Jade corrected.

"Your mom too," Aria said.

"She doesn't hear my first breath, or see me other than when I go through time to see her and dad," Jade said, tears beginning to well in her deep blue eyes.

"Don't cry," Aria wiped Jade's tear from her cheek. "My parents died when I was four months old. A close friend of my parents was my guardian until I turned 16 and left to be Dauntless."

"Wow," Jade gasped. "What was their name?"

"Her name was William," Aria said thoughtfully.

"Strange," Jade sighed. That was her middle name. Would she raise her own girlfriend from four months old? She shook her head at the thought.

Jade kissed Aria. She tangled her fingers in Aria's hair as Aria pulled Jade closer by her hips. Moaning quietly, the girls continued to kiss each other. Aria pulled Jade's red shirt up and over her head, kissing down Jade's neck and to her collarbone. "I love you," Jade admitted, starting to kiss Aria's neck, going lower to Aria's factions tattoos. Aria meant to respond, but only bit her lip and hid a moan.

And then there was shouting and the sound of a punch landing. Jade pulled her shirt back over her head and winced as her fingernail scraped past the bullet wound in her side from where the other guy shot her back during the attack on Abnegation. Aria and Jade ran to where the sounds were coming from, Tris' room.

As the two pushed through the crowd, Jade saw Tris being pulled away. "Tris!" She cried, letting go of Aria's hand and running after the Amity that were pulling Tris away. She punched one of the Amity and she was grabbed as well. They pulled them into a room and sat them down. One man held Jade down as he plunged a needle into her neck and inserted the serum.

Jade POV
I was suddenly happy. The man let me up and I skipped from the room. There was no crowd around Tris' room anymore, so I broke into a run. As I reached the room I shared with Aria, I slowed down and opened the wooden door. Aria was sitting on the bed with a frown on her face. I copied her just to see how it felt. She saw me and stood up, hugging me. "I love you," she whispered.

"I love you too," I responded, kissing her ear and down her jawline. I slowly closed the door and kissed her harder and harder as she tightened her grip around my waist. She sat on the bed and pulled me with her, kissing me roughly. I pulled her shirt off and she shivered at the coolness of the Amity compound. She pulled me under her and kissed down my neck and nipped my collarbone. There was a knock at the door and a deep voice asked, "can I talk to you two?" Tobias.

Aria picked her shirt up and pulled it back over her head. "Yeah, Tobias," Aria called. He opened the door and walked in, shutting the door behind him.

"Tris thinks something's up with Marcus," he said.

Aria scowled. "Asshole," she muttered.

"Aria!" I whispered in shock.

"What's up with you, Jade?" Aria asked. "You seem peaceful. Even more than usual."

"They must have done the same thing to her as they did with Tris," Tobias said, pursing his lips and crossing his arms. "They gave her too much, just like with Tris. They both are too peaceful."

Aria sighed. "Too peaceful. Way too peaceful," she said.