I'd just got a text from Annabeth explaining what had happened between her, Reyna and Drew. Eve through a text I could tell she was upset and I so wanted to reply and cheer her up. But I chickened out. She'd know I was guilty in the same way I'd known she was upset and I could not say the words out loud. Especially not to her, she'd hate me. Still, it was comforting that none of them ever had to know what'd happened. But not for long.

It was about four in the afternoon. There'd been no change in Tyson but fatigue had caught up with me, leaving me snoring in the pink leather chair. It wasn't a good sleep, I was super uncomfortable. Until someone's fingers brushed through my hair, grazing my cheek as they pulled away. My first thought was Mom but I thought she'd left for a bit to finish some work project? My eyebrows scrunched together as I tried to work out who it was but the giggle that came after told me exactly who it was. My eyes flew open. The room turned into tunnel vision, blurring out everything other than the actual angel stood in front of me, one hand raised to her lips to stifle what she probably thought was an inappropriate giggle.

"Annabeth?" My voice came out deep and thick with sleep. She stopped yet another giggle escaping .

"Obviously, idiot." She was grinning like a madwoman, until she glanced over at Tyson. Then she sobered right up. "What happened? And what happened to your hand?"

I opened my mouth to reply but was interrupted. "And where's Sally? She called and told my Dad he was in here." I jumped a little, I hadn't even seen Nico on the other side of the bed wearing a worried look. This was it. The moment I'd been avoiding a week. But as I looked at the two of them, I realised that was dumb. I could trust these two. I mean come on, Nico was family and Annabeth had somehow become pretty much my best friend in a couple of days. I took a deep breath and explained the whole story.

"So yeah, he's okay they think. But every time he wakes up he freaks out. And my mom had to go to the office for a bit, otherwise she'd be here with me. Neither of us have slept properly all week." I smiled, happy that neither of them had run away screaming 'physcopath' when I told them about my lack of reaction. Nico just stood there, taking it all in. Whereas Annabeth being Annabeth of course ran over to give a hug. Not that I was complaining.

"Oh gods, Percy. It wasn't your fault, it was a horrible accident. But the doctors have told you he'll be okay, you should trust them and get some proper rest. I'm waiting with you until your mom gets back then I'm taking you back home so you can get some actual sleep. You'll break your back sleeping in that chair, at least your mom got a bed. No arguments, it's happening." She crossed her arms across her chest and raised one of her eyebrows, daring me to argue with her. I decided against it. I glanced at Nico, who hadn't said a word. He didn't look that worried.

"Look this is really awkward, I'm glad you're both okay and everything but I kind of have plans with, um, Will. I'll stay if you guys want but uh yeah." He glanced at his phone anxiously. For the first time that week, I grinned widely.

"Just go, we're good here. Have fun!" I winked at him as he left, causing him to blush in a way I'd never once seen from Nico. Annabeth was smiling too. Her eyes fell on me and narrowed.

"So, I know your reason for not coming to school. But why the hell didn't you answer my calls or texts you jerk? I thought you'd been kidnapped or something! I was freaking out!" She took a menacing step towards me. I gulped.

"Well I felt bad for, yeah you know. And I thought you'd hate me and I didn't want to mess everything up or piss anyone off. I'm sorry." I put on my best puppy eyes, hoping it was enough. Her expression softened and she took another, much less scary, step towards me. I thanked the gods. What? She could be terrifying when she wanted.