They both open their mouths to speak, voices over-lapping one another. Dean chuckles awkwardly, and gestures for Elena to start. "You start." He says.

She silently thanks him before letting out what was on her mind.

"What does this mean, Dean?" She asks. "Wha-"

"Sweetheart," He interrupts her. She looks up to meet his gaze and waits for him to speak.

Usually Dean would have said it like it is. It was fun, but the morning has come and it was time to go our separate ways. But this time... Looking at her; he couldn't get himself to do it. He wasn't sure what was different. Perhaps it was their history? He couldn't pinpoint the feeling he was getting, all he knew was that he was unable to treat her the way he'd done to many other women before her. She was different, and as much as he hated to admit it, he cared and there was no way he could hurt her.

He runs his hand down his face and lets out an exasperated sigh. She watches him, fear beginning to develop within her as she realizes he was most likely beginning to feel regret. A part of her wished she regretted the night as well. A part of her wished she could accept the lifestyle Dean had grown used to. We slept together now we move on. But she wasn't like that. If anything, the previous night had been a wake-up call for her. Those feelings Elena felt for Dean on their first date, those feelings from many years back hadn't never fully gone away. No, they'd just been repressed.

But Elena knew very well she shouldn't expect any more from him.

"Look, Dean," She begins, grabbing Dean's attention. Dean's eyes focused on her, suddenly made her feel vulnerable. Her stomach tightens as she prepares to spout her solution to the problem before them.

"You don't have to worry about giving this," She gestures with her finger between the both of them. "a definition. We slept together, now we move on." She offered with hesitancy in her voice. Her attempt to sound as confident as she could with her solution failed miserably.

"Lena," Dean takes a couple steps towards her. He struggles to find the right words to say to her. "You know I'm not the dating type-" He begins.

"I know," Elena intervenes. "Which is why-"

"Which is why," Dean speaks over her. "I don't think we should try to give whatever this is a definition."

"What are you saying?" She asks, eyes narrowed as she tried to understand where he was heading.

"Why don't you stay?" He asks. Elena tilts her head, silently asking him to elaborate. "I'll drive you back home myself. But in the meantime we can spend a little extra time around here." He offers.

Elena chews on her lip as she considered his offer. The idea of spending some alone time with Dean tempted her too much to reject his offer. "Are you sure?" She asks reluctantly. Dean simply nods in response. "Okaay.." She says as she slowly begins to make her way out of the room. A part of her figured Dean would stop her and take back his offer, but to her surprise; he didn't. She walked right out of the room and made her way down to find Caroline.

-

Now joined by John and Mary, the group stood outside of the house to say their good-byes.

"Are you sure, Elena?" Caroline asks Elena as they pull away from their embrace. She looks at Elena with stern eyes. "Sam and I can wait for you to pack your things if you changed your mind." She offers.

Elena chuckles and shakes her head. "It'll be fine, Care. Once I return home, who knows when I'll have another chance to take a small vacation like this? I just want to spend a few hours more here, before going back to pulling all-nighters for classes." She pouts.