Four

****Mariah's POV****

I was in the kitchen making chicken tetrazzini for the dinner party I was having for Thanksgiving, which was gonna be very untraditional. It was gonna be me, Shawntae, the twins, Nick, my mom, and Nick's parents.....and I knew that things would probably be a little overwhelming. Things were different than they were the previous year, when Nick and I were still married, but Nick and I agreed to spend every major holiday together for the twins' sake.

"It smells great in here, baby girl." Shawntae said as she walked in.

"Th-thanks, I'm tryna make it great." I responded. She came behind me and wrapped her arms around me, followed by gently turning my body around.

"What's wrong, Mariah?" she questioned.

"I....I'm just nervous about everybody staying with us for the week. Ever since that day Nick caught me and you sleeping together, he's been flirting with me 20 times as hard. AND, he doesn't want you near me or the kids.....he claims that our friendship is setting a bad influence on Dem Babies. He hates you, Tae, and I don't want him to be causing drama." I told her. It had been over 3 months since that whole incident, and Nick still wasn't over it.

"You shouldn't be that worried about shit you can't control. Don't stress too much." Shawntae said. She pulled me close to her and kissed my forehead, then she kissed my lips. I gladly accepted and we started making out, her hands roaming all over my curves. After a while, she pulled away and grabbed my hands, and I rested my forehead against hers.

"How do you do that?" I asked.

"Do what?"

"Make me feel better when I'm worried or upset.....how do you do it?" I asked, smiling at how she always cheers me up.

"Maybe it's cause I'm your BBF, and that's what I'm supposed to do." Shawntae laughed, followed by kissing my nose.

"Anyway, I'ma let you finish in here. I'ma go see what the Rugrats are up to cause they're awfully quiet." she continued.

"Hey, don't call my babies that." I pouted.

"Haha, fine....I won't." she laughed. She smacked my ass and ran out of the kitchen, then I just shook my head and giggled to myself.

"Mommy!!!" I heard. I looked down to see Moroccan coming towards me, and he hugged me around the legs, making me laugh.

"What you doing, baby?" I asked him.

"Nothing...." he giggled, still wrapped around my legs. I just shook my head and laughed at how clingy he is to me, then the door bell rang so I was about to get it.

"I got it, baby!!!" Shawntae yelled from the living room.

****Shawntae's POV****

I went to the door, with Monroe on my shoulders, and opened to see Nick and a couple of others behind him. He had a big ass bouquet of flowers full of pink tulips, which just so happen to be Mariah's favorite flowers.

"Hi!" I smiled at everybody.

"Hey!! You must be Mariah's friend.....the one she's living with?" Mariah's mom said.

"Yes ma'am, my name's Shawntae.....and you're Mariah's mom, I'd assume." I replied to her.

"Haha, yes....I'm Patricia, but you can call me Mama Pat if you want!! And it's nice to finally meet you; Mariah talks my ears off about you whenever I call her." she smiled. She was so nice and happy for us to have just met, just like Mariah was when I first met her.