Chapter Eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN:

           Melody could hear brushes of voices as the girls pulled her deeper into the forest. She had long ago given up on struggling; these girls were as strong as jungle cats, their claws hurting the soft flesh of her arms. The whisperings turned quickly into heated arguments as they came closer; their voices dipping and raising in conversation.

 Melody noticed Hello Kitty and Orange Go-Go Boots glancing nervously at each other, while Red Head squealed because she almost ran into a spider web.

“I say we just kill the human!” something snarled, “Then we could all go back, and I can go back to eating people of my country!”

“You just love bloodlust, Vladimir. We can’t simply kill her,” a cool voice reasoned and Melody felt a sudden appreciation for that person, “Mage, can you figure anything out?”

A low hissing voice that Melody barely recognised as female answered him, “I have tried, my Lord. The spells and enchantments are strong, hard to break. I have never seen magic like this.”

“We don’t have time for this foolishness!” the first voice growled, causing a few whines.

A timid female voice snapped, “Calm yourself Vladimir, you’re scaring my children!”

“She’s here, I can smell Chloe’s perfume,” another voice said.

A few moments later Melody was thrown into a clearing, followed by the group of bright coloured girls who had kidnapped her. Melody’s eyes widened and it felt like her head had exploded as she took in the group of people in front of her.

Twelve people stood in the clearing, including her captors. Twelve unreal and very familiar people; but for the life of her she couldn’t figure out who they were.

“You’ve scared ‘er!” a small woman said, glaring at the humongous brown ogre that stood beside her.

“It ain’t my fault, female! Humans are meant to cower in my presence!” The ogre boasted, pulling himself up to his complete seven foot height.

Suddenly something that could only be described as an avalanche of pain hit her. Her mind swirled madly. Melody fell to the ground and gripped her head. It hurt so much! No more threads of possibilities were being thrown at her; it was the entire damn spindle.

“Oh dear,” a beautiful girl in a purple ball gown said delicately, her hand in front of her mouth, “Do you think she’s okay William?”

Melody knew she was definitely not okay. She groaned, squeezing her eyes in pain.

“No Bell, I do not think she is alright,” said William, the knight.

“Maybe if I give her some tonic,” cackled a frog like woman who greatly resembled a witch.

“No one needs your tonic Syllabal,” hissed the woman who was clutching two children protectively to her side, “Remember what happened last time?”

“This is, like, totally not productive!” Red Head hissed, glaring at the other people in the clearing.

“Yeah, I agree with Chloe,” said Orange Go-Go boots, “Her moans are making my hair shiver!”

“My Lord, maybe if we simply asked the girl…” a small woman suggested her voice low and gravelly; the rags she wore indicated her servitude to the handsome knight.

Almost instantly everyone looked over to where Melody was curled on the ground, clutching her head. Her moans the only sound in the clearing.

“Oh my, William, perhaps we should do something,” said Bell tentatively, hiding a little behind the roguish knight, clutching at her wide skirts which looked like they had seen better days.