Chapter 2

"So you're telling me that you have been missing the past five days because you have been in transit home?" Asked Nani.

"Yes, that is exactly what I'm telling you." Clarified Elias. He watched as the boys' long term babysitter slowly nodded her head trying to process what just has been said. Letting out a sigh and a small smile, Elias spoke. " So how have David and Logan been?"

"They have been good up until a few days ago when the calls stopped coming in." stated Nani with a look that went from happy to sad as she spoke. "Logan started soccer the other day, he was nervous at first, but then he met some of the kids and now he has a new best friend!"

"Thats amazing! Mary was a big soccer player in high school, I was more of a football kind of guy." Elias expressed with a slight chuckle. "What about David?"

"Well David is the opposite of Logan he wants to be the center of attention and chases all the girls around at the whopping age of thirteen." Nani vocalized looking back at the clock that was hanging above the kitchen sink. "Well, its late so i'll be heading out if you don't mind."

"No go ahead, And thanks again for staying with them for as long as you did."

"Again it was no problem." And with that Nani got up and grabbed her belonging's and left the Walker's household.

Elias decided to relax and get accustomed to the feeling of being home before going to bed. He flipped on the T.V and began watching the newest episode of Saturday Night Live.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logan Walker heard sounds coming from the living room, so the small ten year old quietly climbed down the ladder that connected his and David's beds. Quickly padding over to the door, Logan softly opened the door and slipped out.

"Nani? Are you still up?" questioned Logan walking around the corner into the living room from the hallway. But what Logan saw he didn't expect. Standing in the living room was his father.

"D-Dad!" Logan yelled as he charged towards the pair of legs that belonged to Elias Walker. Wrapping himself in his father's arms, Logan let all the tears, sadness, and frustrations pour out. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elias whipped around and grabbed up his youngest son, holding him close in his arms with a set of tears beginning their decent down his cheeks. The pair stayed like that for many minutes, the only sound that was heard in the quiet room and the occasional set of sniffles coming from the small mass in his arms.

"Okay. I'm okay now, I think." Logan began breaking the silence while moving from his fathers arms.

"Okay, are you sure?" Elias asked with a chuckle. "So how have you been?"

"Good I started soccer for the first time since we lost mom. And I'm only going to admit to you but i was pretty scared to play since you or mom weren't there. But I knew David and Nani were there and it made me better." Logan rambled, "I even made a few new friends theres Sam, Brian, and Chris. Me, Sam, and Chris play offense and Brian plays defense."

"How old are Sam, Brian, and Chris?" Asked Elias looking down at Logan who is sitting next to him on the couch. "

"Well Sam is ten and a half, and Chris and Brian just turned ten like I did. Their twins with their birthday is only three day after mine!" explanied Logan.

"Thats amazing Logan! I'm glad you met some new friends. So when is your first game?"

"It's on Saturday. Are you coming?! I really want you to. Please?!" 

"Logan calm down for a second and take a breath. I'll definitely be there on Saturday." Elias clarified. "Okay little man lets get you back to bed so you, David, and I can go do something all day tomorrow."

"Awwww dad, I don't want to go back to bed! You just got home! I can't go to bed."

Elias thought for a minute, "Okay fine, how about we sit out here and watch some T.V for a little bit?"

"Okay what about David? Should I go get him?"

"Yeah, go and get your brother." And with that Logan took off towards the shared bedroom.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"DAVID! DAVID! DAVID! WAKE UP!" Logan screamed as he started jumping on the eldest Walker child.

"Logan get off!" David yelled pushing Logan off of him and onto the floor.

"NO David wake up! Dads hom-" Logan didn't even get to finish his sentence before David stood up and screamed at Logan.

"NO LOGAN! DAD ISN'T EVER COMING HOME AGAIN! HES GONE AND NEVER COMING BACK!" David finished pushing Logan backwards into the dresser. "It was only a dream Logan, You and I both know that."

"David, why are you saying that?" Logan questioned with tears starting to well up in his large brown eyes. "I was just sitting with him in the living room."

"Whatev-" David started but finished as he saw Elias walk around the corner from the hallway into the room.

"David what are you talking about? I'm home now son. Why are you acting this way?" 

David stood still. Staring at his and Logan's father, resisting the urge to leap into Elias's waiting arms.

"Whatever. Now you decide to show." The eldest Walker mumbled under his breath.

"What did you say?"demanded Elias.

"I SAID NOW YOU SHOW UP! YOU DIDN'T EVEN CALL THE LAST FIVE DAYS."

"I didn't call the past five days because I was on my way home and I wanted to surprise you and your brother." Elias explained to David turning and leaving the room.

"David why don't you believe dad?"

"Because it was a selfish reason as to why he didn't call?" David stated turning and laying back in bed.