Chapter 1

It was a normal day for the Walkers, David was playing with the newest and latest knife he got from his dad for his thirteenth birthday. Logan was laying on the couch with their babysitter, Nani, watching some old Disney movie. Both David and Logan were eagerly waiting for eight o'clock to roll around so they can finally talk to their dad. About five months ago Elias was deployed out on a mission, leaving the boys with a babysitter. But the past few nights have been different, by eight o'clock came there was no phone call.

"Nani, what hasn't dad called yet?" Asked Logan.

"I don't know buddy. Maybe he got caught up on something, and he hasn't had the time to call yet." Nani explained pulling Logan tighter against her body.

"Or maybe he's dead.." David mumbled from across the room.

"Dad is not dead stupid!" Logan yelled back at the older Walker with tears in his eyes.

"Then how do you explain him not calling the past two day?" David retorted back standing quickly. "He's gone."

By now both boys had a steady stream on tears falling down their cheeks. The young Walker brothers sat in silence for what seemed like hours but was only ten minutes. Looking at the time Nani noticed that it was about ten till nine. So she decided to speak up.

"Why don't you boys go and get ready for bed?"

David gave a slight nod for a response and quickly got up and went towards the bathroom. And she got a set of sniffles from Logan. As Logan was getting up to go and get ready he looked at Nani with tears still falling and asked,

"Do you really think he's dead?" Logan questioned with a noticeable quiver in his voice.

"Nah Logan, I don't think he's dead." Nani answer while walking Logan towards the bathroom.

She helped Logan start to get ready for bed by gathering a pair of basketball shorts and one of Elias's old t-shirts. Nani began to walk out of the shared bed room and met Logan in the hallway handing him his clothes. After she made sure Logan was safely in bed she went out to the living room and decided to watch TV for another hour. After finally finding a show she enjoyed, Nani lounged back on the couch letting out a sigh. All of a sudden she heard the front door beginning to open, so she ran into the kitchen and grabbed a large knife to attack the intruder. As she rounded the corner she raised the knife to impale the intruder. Nani was quickly disarmed and pushed up against the wall. When she opened her eyes she never would have thought she would come eye to eye with a ghost.

"Elias?" Nani asked with shock and out of breath from the encounter.