Chapter Thirty Three

Hey everyone! Hope you enjoy this latest chapter, and yeeeaaahh :) 

If you didn't see my latest status update (on my WP profile) go and check it out for information on what is happening in regards to BOOK THREE, UPDATES and NEW BOOKS! 

Thanks for reading - and let me know what you think!

Libby xx

P.S.   '~' means break in memory/reality

Raven struggled to keep up with the Princess, Warrior and the Hunter. They were all in their human forms, sprinting through the forests to the Palace grounds. Wolf form would be easier, but Thalia was still healing and Elijah was too slow to run with wolves.

Thalia had also asked Lara to shift to human to ask how exactly the Warrior wolf found them. Turns out that Rebekah's contacts in the New York Precinct were useful to Elijah's surprise. One of her friends, Julie Sparks, had been locating Buchannan on a human search aspect to try and find his hideout. Sparks had called Rebekah when she'd arrived at her home to see if her family were alright, and Rebekah had then diverted the call onto Greg's laptop; Tin had picked it up and Lara was out of the door before they could say otherwise.

As they traded stories, they ran on two legs, although Raven was still irritated by having four. 

She'd shifted willingly into her beast, the same one that sat coiled around her spine, tickling the nape of her neck. Raven felt her wolf's own subconscious stirring at the sprint, its golden eyes glowing viciously - her beast knew that battle was approaching.

The red-head flinched as Elijah and Thalia started to bicker once again, them both telling the other to stay behind as the other fought. Raven didn't know how they were still together – or how Thalia was still standing after what Buchannan did to her flesh. Criss-cross indentations of chains were now scarred into her flesh. Raven's own scars seemed to shiver as Thalia walked through a dirty fern, the leaves poking into her wounds, without any signs of pain at all. 

She, on the other hand... Raven was petrified at the world. Her migraine had only increased ten-fold after she had shifted to the beast within her. The darkness of the wild wolf was spreading through her bones. Tendrils of pain and misery licked her limbs, but when they stroked her mind, Raven crumbled.

~

A woman with jade green eyes beamed at her as she held her above her head, a hiccupping laughter sounding in her mind. Small freckles dotted her cheeks, a crinkle in the corners of her eyes. A gold chain hung from her neck, a pendant hidden beneath the woman's shirt; which itself was covered in her own slobber.

~

Her lips wobbled as the woman set her down, tending to the man standing in the doorway. He was waving his arms frantically, The woman pointed at her tubby self, and the man nodded. As the jade-eyed woman with the pendant left, the man came and sat down with her in her place. Her wobbly lips turned into a loud tantrum.

~

"Mama!"

~

She screamed as the claws dug into each of her arms, dragging her from the grassy home she could barely remember. The jade-eyed woman was being dragged the other way, but she was merely a blurry outline, shouting a name lost in the wind.

~

"Raven!" Elijah yelled, gripping her arms tightly as she twitched against the tree. Sweat was rolling down her forehead as she whimpered, eyes shut tightly, lips quivering, her face had lost whatever colour was left. Black smoke rolled out between her light lashes.