Chapter Twenty Two

Hey Everyone! This is the fastest I've every uploaded a chapter since a previous upload except from my daily uploads back in the day :)
Hope you all enjoy this chapter! It's a really long one and some old characters come back to visit! With 4,500+ words on Micro. Word, I hope it's long enough for you...

Also letting you all know now that there is SWEARING: 'Fuck, Shit, Bitch'... Yup :)

There possibly may or may not be a cliffhanger at the end.. .Okay enjoy!
Libby xx

Breaking News tonight; a man was in a concussion yesterday after a young girl broke his arm and launched him into oncoming traffic. With the girl still at large, police are investigating-

"She had pure black eyes! It was terrifying, I feared for my life!"

"All the guy did was sit down next to her and she f-"

"Our finest detectives are on the case to find out what happened. If anyone has any information, please contact-"

"The criminal, known as the Black-Eyed Girl, is at large-"

Rebekah Morgan sighed as she turned off her television. She was at her homely cottage in the early hours of the morning. The human detective was woken by a sharp pain in her mind and her young daughter screaming – her husband paid no heed to the sound in thinking that she was just hungry.

Truth was that they both woke to the birth of the new wolf Heir.

The former-wolf had calmed her daughter down or rather the ecstatic wolf, who she'd sacrificed, that lay in her Jemima's body. Once her little ankle-biter, in every sense of the word, was back to sleep Rebekah didn't follow suit. She was wide awake in the antics of her mind that turning on the television seemed the best idea to put her back to sleep.

It wasn't.

Her stress was making the ends of her hair raise and the hollow part of her, where her wolf usually lied, was trembling. If she still had her wolf soul, then she would have now contacted her brother mentally to warn him of the investigation into one of their own.

Raven's attack on the drug-dealer, who indeed sat next to her first as the witness claimed, had spread world-wide. It was fresh, as the media would call it. An attack on an innocent-looking man by a black-eyed girl? It was fresh meat. They say 'if it bleeds, it leads' but if it involves a demonic looking child attacking a fully grown drug-dealer then that will certainly blow things out of proportion.

Rebekah stared at the dark screen of her TV, her dishevelled reflection visible now that the news bulletins were off. Her dark roots to her died hair had reached past her forehead now and her usually bright brown eyes were dim. Sighing, her soft pyjamas crumbling at the motion of her chest, the Detective stood.

Even though she had no wolf soul she knew what she needed to do. As a lead detective she already had all the information possible regarding the case – and soon her brother would as well.

Grabbing her phone off the kitchen bench, ripping away the charger without mercy, she quickly dialled the Beta of the Silver Pack.

"Logan, it's me." Rebekah whispered once the tone broke with his voice. The whispering was so that her husband or daughter woke to the secret of the werewolf world.

"Rebekah! How are you? Why are you calling me this early?" Logan responded, noting the whisper. "What's wrong; is Jemima okay?"

"Jemima is fine; we both woke to the Heir's arrival."