five

I sat quietly in the passenger side of the car. My thoughts jumbled and unable to form a proper thought. I kept my gaze out of the window, trying not to think of what my parents would do when they saw the bruise on my neck. I had guessed earlier that it would probably be on my neck for a few days, maybe a week.

We were almost to the area of my pack's epicenter was located when I noticed something that made me feel uneasy. In the near distance, I noticed an orange glow meeting the navy blue sky. I gave Vic a sideways glance, his gaze briefly met mine before we lost eye contact.

The sight we pulled up to was something nothing could have prepared me for.

The pack house was charred and in ashes while the other houses lit aflame. Lifeless scorched bodies laid on the burnt lawns of the buildings, the wind blew subtly, making ashes of the dead rise and fall in different areas on the ground.

"Oh my god..." I say quietly, tearing my teary eyes away from the scene. "Do you think everyone's...?"

"Probably," He commented sorrowfully.

"I don't think it's a good idea to stick around here," I say, doing my best to suppress whatever emotions that ran through me. I glanced around before noticing  black figures running towards the car.

"I realize this, Kellin." He stated, taking a sharp u-turn into the left lane. The front end of the bumper hit what I now recognized as a man as we turned, causing him to fall back. Vic began to press his foot harder onto the accelerator, the vehicle lurched forward. The men started to go after us but quickly stopped. They had looked at each other and then to the right of them at a more built figure, whose face was blurred since my vision wasn't as keen in my human form.

"They're not coming after us." I say with a confused, but relieved expression.

"They're probably the ones who did it, the bodies were fresh."

"Yeah..." I trailed off awkwardly, the two of us fell into silence shortly after.

I had lost my calm exterior five minutes into the drive, small sobs echoed throughout the car most of the way there, only now was I starting to seal the emotions away with a lock and key.

We arrived at Vic's pack fifteen to twenty minutes later. There were guard dogs, as I liked to call them at my now departed pack, near what I assumed to be the main pack house.The house was large, if not larger, than the old house I lived in. It stood three stories tall, and it looked like it could be around 15,000 sqr feet, maybe a little lower or higher. I wasn't for sure. It held a stone pathway for cars to drop off people, a fountain with various flowers stood near the middle, but it was closer to the house itself. 

Vic followed a trail that led somewhere else, a garage. The garage held multiple vehicles, from sports cars to the average family vehicle. All of the cars had brilliant paint job and had little to no debris on them. We pulled into an empty spot between a  silver Lamborghini Aventador and dark blue 1970 Plymouth GTX.

"I'll do my best to convince them to let you stay." I only nodded in response. "I'll be back soon."

"Wait-" I started, but he shushed me

"It'll be alright." He gave a not-so-reassuring smile before leaving me alone in the car.

I was in deep thought when Vic came back, he looked stressed.

"My mother convinced my father to allow you to stay, you'll most likely be placed somewhere in the house near me since I was the one that brought you here."

"Okay." I murmured, stepping down from the car with Vic holding my hand to help me out.

"My father can be a bit of an ass, please try not to piss him off. I doubt you will see him tonight, though."I have a curt nod and  followed him towards the door.

Vic led me through the hallways, a few people stared at us, others ignored us. I didn't pay attention to them too much, instead I focused on keeping it together. I also tried to remember the hallways so I wouldn't get lost if I were to explore them anytime tonight, which was unlikely to happen, but it was still something I wanted to keep track of. After all, I was going to be living here for a little while at least.

"This is your room, mine is right across the hallway if you need anything." He paused to point at his door. "Chances are I'll be in there if the door is unlocked, but please knock before you come in there." He paused at my door, motioning for me to open it.

"I'll let you borrow some of my old clothes for tonight, tomorrow we can get you some new ones, and whatever hygienic supplies you need."

"Alright, I'll just- umm...be in here," I say, before going into my room to avoid having to talk too much right now.

The room was light gray, nearly breaching white. In them, middle of the room was a black framed canopy bed that had curtains attached to the three sides not touching the wall. The headboard rested against the wall, pillows laid against it and a white comforter was pulled tightly to make a neatly made bed. Two bedside tables stood on either side of the bed, a simple lamp placed on top of each one.

At the floor of the bed was a sofa that was as wide as the width of the bed. On the back of it was a blanket and more pillows rested on it. The room had one window, it was more of a balcony window, though. It leads to a balcony, which I wasn't too interested in checking out right now, as I was tired and needed sleep. Other than that there were nothing else inside this room, it was obvious it wasn't used often, and if it was it was on special occasions.

I waited until Vic brought me clothes before I stripped off my clothing and place on a pair of sort of baggy sweatpants. I then pulled on an old looking loose t-shirt that was made out of black fabric, in the middle was a white yin-yang symbol. I walked over to the bed and pulled the blanket out from underneath the two pillows, but I quickly decided that two wasn't enough. I went over to the couch, stealing the pillows off of it and positioning them so they would be comfortable to sleep with before turning off the lights and finding my way to the bed so I could hopefully get some sleep.

Sleep didn't come peacefully in the start of the night. I was constantly being awoken by horrific nightmares before I could finally ease my brain into a peaceful and relaxing dream, which pulled me through the remainder of the night and until the next morning.

- - -