Chap . 5 : Can I ask you a question?

There was only one thing I could do. The bell rang and I pulled down my sleeves and sprinted out of the locker room. I looked around and spotted Dan, walking with Phil to the bus. Perfect, I just remembered we ride the same bus. I approached him and asked "Dan , can I talk to you for a second, like, alone?" "yeah, sure" he replied, blushing. I grabbed his hand and led him where there looked like there was the least people. "I have been wanted to ask you this for a while now..." I giggled. He chuckled too. "W-w-will you go out with me?" I asked, looking up into his eyes. "wow, I - yes!" he replied. We both started laughing and hugged . Holding hands, we got on the bus. Phil and Carleigh were already sitting together, so we did the same. "can I tell you something, like really important?"  I asked. "yeah, what's wrong?" he asked, a look of concern in his eyes . "there's this guy, that keeps texting me, he says he's in my 5th period" tears started to swell in my eyes. I showed Dan the text messages . "Who is this guy?" He said with anger. "That's the thing, I don't know." He hugged me tight and said "don't worry, everything will be okay" . I burst out in tears and he escorted me off the bus at his stop . "What ? Wh-?" I started . " he knows where you live, I'm not letting him get to you" . He squeezed me hand and carried me inside. " what's your favorite movie? " he questioned . " mean girls, just like your average girl " I laughed . He put on mean girls and put his arm around me. " I should get to Carleighs house, I'm staying the night" I informed Dan. "ok, want me to drive you to your house to get your stuff?" . "yeah, thanks " . We arrived at my house and I knocked on the door. "Bye, I'll see you tomorrow" I said . He kissed me on the cheek and said "no matter what, I'm not letting anyone hurt you" .