CHAPTER 2

Carter

My brows furrow and I try to ignore my mates intoxicating scent, and trust me it is not easy. I look to the one named River, he stared blankly at me. His scent was similar to my mate but there was something about the way he carried himself as he stood, shoulders back and head high, like an Alpha. I raise a brow at him as he reaches into his pocket.

"I believe this will explain things much better. "He held out his hand which had a letter in it. Aiden walked over and took it into his hand and brought it over to me. I looked at my mate as I took the folded piece of paper."Before you read it, sir. I think it would be best if your mother or father were present. " I tilted my head to the side. I sighed in frustration, my mates eyes burning holes into my skull, it made it difficult to focus.

"My parents are currently on their third honeymoon, so that won't be possible, but, to make it fair, I will read this letter, if I have questions, I will ask and you will answer however you can. I will contact my parents after if it makes you happy, alright? "I'd like to think I was being fair, I couldn't really pull my parents away from their together time just for something so small.

"Thank you, sir." He smirked at me and I opened the letter, my eyes widened.

Paul,

I know it might be late, it never crossed my mind what with everything going so well but, I fear I'm going to have to call on the agreement we made years ago. My eldest son's marriage to your next heir.

I know, I had not meant to forget and I know neither did you what with everything that went down. I only hope you can give me this one last thing, my son has yet to find his mate and I know yours has only just lost the one you ended up choosing. It would make my dying wish for them to marry, for you to give him a place to call home.

Theo

"Marriage!? "I stood to my feet.

"No," I heard my mate whisper and I looked to him. His frown made me ache to reach out but then my late wife comes to mind. I shake my head as my wolf growls at me.

-She was never ours to begin with.

-Not now! I look to the oldest.

"Yes, Alpha, our parents had originally organised for their heirs to wed. I was the Alpha of Bronze Moon Pack and I am here to fulfill my father's wish. I only hope you can allow my family and friends to join us. "My chest rises and falls rapidly and I sit down and try to calm myself. My mates scent fill my senses and I can feel myself relax and I can feel myself, my soul reach out to him. This bond might be difficult to fight.

I take a deep breath a look through the letter again, a way to get out of it.

"Did they sign a contract? "I asm him.

"Yes, or so my father said but he lost his copy along the move from Peak Mountain. I think that's where your parents come in." I stand to my feet and I walk towards the second exit.

"Alpha? "I turn, my hand on the door knob. I look to Julian, such a suitable name, his hazel green eyes dart to the floor and a blush rises beautifully on his lightly tanned skin. I turn to Aiden who had been the one to stop me. My best friend offers a barely there smile before jerking his head to the rogues. I already know what he is asking.

"Well, until I figure something out, they are our guests. Please get them to the guest rooms on the third floor. "I say indicating the room just before my own suit on the fourth floor. Aiden smirks and nods at me.

"Should they share?" I wave my hand and turn.

"Which ever they see fit. "I say before exiting, now to call my parents and find out exactly what promises they made that they shouldn't have even considered and to see this contract and find a loop hole somewhere. God, could things get any worse? I probably shouldn't have said that. Moon Goddess, please just ...help me out here.