Twelfth

guys we're almost at the end ):

also sorry for the huge time skip at the end of this lol

"But I'd still choose you"

Mitch wanted three things.

Coffee, Advil, and Scott to get out of his goddamn house.

He first started with Scott.

"You should go," he said groggily, walking into his kitchen where the blonde waited.

"I'm not leaving until I'm 105% sure you're okay."

Mitch turned, spinning in a small circle. "All of my limbs are still attached."

"You barely slept."

"Yeah, I couldn't."

"You always pass out afterwards---"

"I can't go to sleep with my mind so awake."

"Are you---"

"I'm fine."

The blonde opened his mouth to say something but closed it once he realized that there was nothing to say. Mitch walked around his kitchen, opening and closing cabinet doors and Scott just allowed himself to stare. He tried to tell himself that it made sense, but he knew that it didn't. Nothing made sense. How he'd allowed this all to happen seemed to be an answerless question floating on a plane of unknown that represented any love he once received. Now all the love he had was fueled by broken promises and hope of a better future. He didn't know what to do and the people he would normally ask for help were unable to be reached. Mitch slammed a cabinet door and it shook Scott from his thoughts. "Where is the goddamn Advil?!"

"Oh, right here! I got you some and coffee. I thought maybe it would help."

"Yes, it would." Mitch sat at the table where the beautiful healing powers awaited and Scott joined him, sitting across from his best friend and watching as he sipped his coffee, brown eyes closed and long eyelashes resting on his cheeks.

"We're leaving for EDC."

"I know."

"You still don't want to go?"

"Nope."

"I want you to."

Mitch's eyes finally opened. "Funny."

"I'm serious."

"I appreciate the pity, but I'd rather not have an attack during shots."

"Wait you're going to---"

"I don't know."

"But you're alone. That's not safe. I'll stay, I won't go. You need someone here."

"I can call Levi."

Mitch's biting tone only added insult to injury, the words burying Scott. "Oh."

The tenor had no desire to continue the conversation so he sipped his coffee quietly, thinking of the most polite way to kick Scott out.

"Would you call me? I mean---if I wasn't leaving. Would you call me if I was here?"

"Well you won't be so I guess we'll never know."

"I would come. Well, obviously. But I just thought you should know. I would be here in a heartbeat."

Mitch found the comment to be ironic in its own sense. The fact that Scott thought by saying he'd come to the rescue would fix everything. As if it'd overpower his mistakes and solidify the small amount of respect that he still had for the brunette. But it didn't work. The negativity was weighted much more heavily than the positivity and Mitch's mind seemed to be a magnet. He couldn't find an escape route from his demons. It was hard to hear screaming voices in his mind but be surrounded by deafening silence that shattered his ability to ask for help.