Chapter 30.

Justin.

A month later.
I'm traveling with the team and away from Carmen and Isaiah. I miss them it's been the three---I mean the four of us {I can't forget about my baby} for the last month.
I'm whipped.
Damon already tried to play me and take my man card last week but that dude has been sprung on Johanna for years so he can't even try to play me.
I'm happy so hell that's all that matters.

Carmen.

I have an interview as an assistant for the Lance Gross Office one of the best counseling offices in Atlanta. An office that specializes in helping abused women and children, drug users, and more.
"Hi, I'm Carmen Foxx," I say and shake the man's hand standing in front of me.
"Lance Gross," he replies and we both sit down at the office desk. "So tell me what you have to offer for this company other than that beautiful smile?"
I laugh and cross my legs.
"I'm a hard worker, and very determined once I put my mind to something there's no turning back, I'm very independent and dependable. I know how to be on time and get the job done," I answer looking him directly in the eyes.
"What do you plan to gain with working here," he asks glancing down at the paper in front of him.
"Experience and I hope to learn from you and everyone else and also friendships with the employees and clients," I answer and he smiles flipping through my resume.
"So you just graduated from Georgia State," he asks and I nod in response.
"Yes."
"Are you sure you're ready to jump into a career because around here we're not going to spoon feed you if we give you a job we expect you to complete it and for it to be the best," he states.
"I'm absolutely ready. How about you let me prove it to you," I say and he smiles.
"I'll give you a shot," he replies and I jump out of my seat in excitement.
"Thank you," I say and shake his hand. He holds my hand a little too long and his eyes drop to my left hand seeing my engagement ring.
"You married," he asks and slowly lets go of my hand.
"Engaged," I answer.
"Who's the lucky guy," he asks.
"I'm sure you know him he plays in the NBA, Justin McNealy," I say and Lance shrugs his shoulders.
"I think I've heard of him," he replies and I smirk. What does he mean think? "I work far too much to keep up with basketball," he states.
Really.
"I've never heard that one before," I say and he smirks.
"You've never met me before," he states. "I'll see you Monday Ms. Carmen Foxx." I nod and walk out of his office smiling triumphantly.
High school is done.
College is over.
I'm chasing my dreams.
I have my man and my son by my side and a baby on the way.
There's so much more to come especially with me marrying my best friend,
Cheerleader,
Doctor,
Protector,
Therapist,
Masseuse,
Chauffeur,
Lover
And son's father, Justin McNealy.

-----------------------------------------

Lance Gross.
Hmmmmmm...... I'll let your minds wonder.
See y'all when I start writing 'Us' since y'all want a trilogy and I can't disappoint.
If you haven't already check out My kNight!
Vote & Comment!!!