I was impressed. Well, I'm just a girl, okay? "Point taken."

"So how about Friday night?" he continued surprising me genuinely.

Huh! "Seriously? You were really serious?" I asked almost laughing. I just can't believe how fast he's acting right now. "Well, let me think about it. But don't expect that much." I told him smiling. A girl's has to have her fun sometimes.

SUMMER GREAT ESCAPE

"So my brother asked you out on a date?" Anna asked during lunch. "That fast, huh?"

"Couldn't agree more," I told her. I was glad we have the same thoughts.

"So do you like my brother?" she asked which caught me off guard.

I couldn't say anything at first. Maybe it won't hurt her if I tell her the truth, right?

"Well, it's not like your brother is not likeable or something, but..." I couldn't find the right words.

"Yeah, I know, you don't like him," she finished for me. I looked at her and found her smiling at me. "It's only been two days since you met him and I don't expect you to like him in such short span of time." Wow, good thing she understood. I didn't make a mistake when I decided to be nice to her. "Besides, I know you already like someone." Or maybe not... Just kidding.

"Who? Alex? What makes you think I like him?" I was just curious at how she knew and I didn't.

She grinned. "You can learn a lot of things through observation. You want an example?" she dared.

And of course, I accepted it. "Sure." It's just that I was a bit confident that I'm going to prove her wrong.

"Remember our first day here?" she asked to which I nodded. "He was wiping your sweat and you were stunned at what he did. And there was this expression in your eyes that you love what he's doing."

My mouth fell agape. How the hell did she read my eyes? Creepy. Maybe she just read it wrong and was bluffing. "You got it all wrong," I said. "I was just surprised at what he did."

She giggled not buying what I just said. "Yeah, right. Well how about those times when you always stare at him when he's not looking," she said. "Don't you ever deny it because I saw it several times!" she added with a threatening tone.

I can't believe this! Why was she observing me the whole time? I felt like bursting with embarrassment at her revelation. "Are you sure it's me you're looking at and not some random girl who happens to be drooling at him?"

"I'm betting my life on it!" she said. "C'mon, why are you in such denial? Alex is not that bad, you know." I know right?

"You know what creeps me out if ever it's true that I like him?" I asked and she shook her head. "It's because you know those things and I don't. You are creepy, don't you know that?"

"It's just because you don't recognize your feelings for him," she reasoned out.

"I don't have feelings for him," I insisted but why do I feel like I'm lying? "Besides, if ever that's true, he might just laugh at me for that weakness. He'd known me to be that tough girl who has never broken down. Falling in love is weakness," I concluded.

"It's not weakness, Jaz! It's a normal feeling felt by human being. And you're a human being after all – unless of course you recognize yourself as monkey which by the way, as far as I know falls in love. You develop feelings too. You can't help it when your heart starts beating."

"My heart is beating ever since I came out of this world," I pointed out lamely. "I've seen my friends break down and cry because of such thing, Anna. And I never wanted to undergo the same thing."