Chapter 18. The Feelings

"So what are the things you want in a guy? I mean, what type of guys would you want to have as boyfriend?" Yes, another set of interview. Only this time from Brian. They're really siblings.

"Seriously? Why are you asking me this now?"

His smile was gone. "You can't really be that naïve, can you?"

"I'm sorry," I said not getting what he's up to.

He sighed in defeat. "We'll, uh, never mind."

I frowned at his behaviour and went back to working. But not a minute later he asked again. "So just answer my question."

"What question?"

"Seriously?" he asked.

I laughed. "Okay, so we're just running in circles."

He also laughed a little. "Yeah, anyway, my question was what type of guy do you like?"

"Oh. Well, I haven't really thought about it." Yep, to be honest, I wasn't the type of girl who thinks of those things. Because love just comes to you in a mysterious way. He may not be your ideal guy, but you still fall for him.

"Really? Well, that's...new."

I shrugged. "What are you up to, anyway?" I asked.

"I'm just wondering if I can be qualified as you're boyfriend." Boy, that was too fast.

I guffawed unexpectedly. I meant, really? "What did you say?" I asked in between my laughter.

"I'm serious. The first time I saw you, I knew there was something in you that makes you someone special..."

My eyebrow shot up in interest but I remained speechless. And I couldn't believe what he said at the same time. Then I sized him up if he's telling the truth or not. Was he for real? 'Coz I'm not really the type of girl he'd want to mess with.

"You don't believe me, don't you?" he asked when I couldn't utter a single word.
I shook my head while his jaw dropped.

I smiled. "I just couldn't believe what you're saying."

"Why? It's not impossible. Jaz, I like you. Look at you – you're beautiful, you look gorgeous, witty and easy and fun-to-be-with. You're not one of those girls who swoon when I pass by—"

I chuckled. "Okay, I think that's enough. You know what, you're the first guy to ever compliment me like that and the first guy to have confessed to me personally." Yeah, because I'd never had someone who would come up to me and say they like me. I didn't know if it's just me or what but I thought the guys back home didn't have the backbone to confess their feelings for me. I'll only know it from our common friends or from other people. Or maybe, they didn't really have feelings for me at all. How sad. "So, I thank you for that, Brian," I continued with utmost sincerity.

He shrugged it off and then..."Really? What happened to the guys around if I'm the first one?"

"You don't really know me back then, Brian." Wait, did I just say that? So what was I now, huh?

"What do you mean?"

"Hm? Nothing."

He waved it off quickly. "Okay. But uhm, can I ask you out on a date sometime?" he asked.

"Wow. That was fast," I said half-convinced.

"There's no point in delaying when eventually I'll ask you out one of these days."