Chapter 15

Kaname's P.O.V

I woke up in the middle of the night to crickets playing their songs, I lifted my head from my cubs body and looked around me for any signs of danger. When there was nothing I looked back down at my still cub, I laid my chin back onto his body gently. I then watched as a cricket slowly approached me, I huffed through my nose making the air blow onto the cricket with a bit of force. I rubbed the side of my head against my cubs and then stood up slowly. I looked down at my cub who seemed to be so peaceful. I licked his cheek gently and then looked up at the moon that was high in the sky. 'If I could ask for anything.....it would be for my cub to come back.' I wished in my head and then looked at the many stars that surround the bright big moon. The wind blew softly at the tree leave's making them hit together and create a rustling sound. I seen a firefly fly past me and gently land on my cubs side.

I smiled at the cute little image sadly before stepping over my still cub and beginning to walk away with my head down low. 'What am I going to say to Zero? He is going to be devastated.' I thought as i entered the cave again and walked over to zero's hole. I watched as Zero happily slept with the five cubs snuggled into him. I smiled weakly and felt a tear roll down my cheek and silently drop onto the ground. I bent my head down and nuzzled all of the cubs gently as I didn't want to wake them. I then looked at Zero and nuzzled his cheek gently before walking behind him and stepping it the hole. I laid down away from Zero so my back facing his back. 'What am I going to say to him? He won't be able to look me in the eye's.' I thought as another tear rolled down my cheek. I closed my eye's slowly as I remembered the odd and different looking cub. I smiled weakly as I remembered how I fed him when he wasn't able to get to the food due to his small hight. I remember when I first saw him, it was when Zero had to help him out of the hole because he was too small.

More tears rushed down my face as I remember the way the cub stood under me as if for protection. Protection......that I couldn't give him. Protection that I failed to give him. Protection that I needed to give him. I rubbed my eye's with my paws and then felt something on the top of my head, I whacked it away thinking it was a rock or something. But the same thing touched my head again. I rubbed my eye's again to clear my vision on blurriness. I looked up to see.....my cub! I quickly stood up and began nuzzling it. The cub nuzzled back and looked up at me with his different coloured eye's. I licked his nose gently and then wrapped my tail around him gently before pulling the cub close to me. I laid back down in the hole and pulled the cub into my chest by my tail. The cub wrapped it's tail around mine and yawned loudly. I then watched as his eye's got droopy and soon he had fallen asleep in my chest. I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I was happy that I hadn't lost him for good.