「 chapter six 」

The next morning, when Jaebum came to the table to eat breakfast, his eyes were drooping. Did he stay up late again? Did he not sleep?

"Yah," I reached over, tapping his arm to get his attention. "Didn't you sleep?"
"I slept,"

He said that, but he yawned. I pushed the bowl of ramen to him and he picked up a pair of chopsticks. He started to eat silently, with me watching him.

"What did you do last night?" I questioned.
"Me? I wrote lyrics," he muttered before placing a mouthful of noodles in his mouth and chewing.
"At night? Why?"
"Because I suddenly got a burst of inspiration while watching you sleep,"

I fell silent. That was a bit creepy, from the way he said it. What inspiration can he actually receive from watching me sleep?

"You looked so peaceful," he added after he swallowed. "I couldn't help but write lyrics because you looked so cute sleeping,"
"Do your lyrics have any relation to my sleeping habits?"

He let out a chuckle and shook his head, telling me that the lyrics were nothing like that. That he had no plan to anything like that.

"Can you let me hear?"

Upon request, he immediately started singing. I admit, I liked his lyrics. I had no idea where he got the idea and the creativity.

Miss you I really miss you
So that you'll be able to think of me, I'll sing for you
Turn the radio o-o-on

"Where'd you get them?"
"From my brain, where else?" he said sarcastically, making me roll my eyes.
"The lyrics are sweet," I commented. "Fits you, too. You're always singing,"
"But I don't miss you, though," he said. I raised my eyebrows. "I mean, we're living in one apartment!"

I burst out laughing and he made a face at me.

"Why are you laughing?" he whined.
"I don't know. I just find that so amusing, I mean, you're right. Why would you even miss me?" I smiled. "We're always together,"

We spent a few minutes in a comfortable silence, just eating silently when a thought just hit me.

"Why do people have to grow up?"
"It's a part of life," he answered.
"What about Peter Pan?"
"That...that's a fairy tale,"

But he sounded unsure.

"It's a fairy tale but they're still people," I said.
"Just eat your breakfast," he sighed.

~*~

"No!"
"But why?" I pouted.
"I hate heights!"

Does it make sense that he's more afraid of heights than me? And he's the guy?

"Fine, I'll go alone, then,"
"No,"

He hesitated for a second before saying that he didn't want me to go alone.

"I'm not a child, Jaebum, and besides, I've ridden that ride, six, seven times before already, and on my own, too. If you don't want me to go alone, then come with me, then,"

Eventually, he agreed to come with me, but I could tell it was reluctant.

"You just can't leave me alone, can you?" I teased.
"Definitely not," he shook his head. "And I don't even know why,"

I laughed and poked his side.

"Do you, perhaps, like me, JB?" I asked, my tone playful.
"Yeah," he shrugged, smiling.
"Seriously?" my eyes widened.

He just smiled at me and took my hand, pulling me to the rather long line now. We waited in line for twenty minutes, just chatting and talking as we normally do. But when we were about to get on the ride, his face was already paling.

"Scared, Jaebum-ah?"
"A little,"
"At least you're honest," I shrugged.
"What is that supposed to mean?"
"Boys don't normally admit they're scared, right?"

He didn't answer anymore. It was probably because the ride had just started to move and he was gripping the rail tightly and it looked like he had no plan to ever let it go.

Even before it started to go up the steep parts, he started screaming already. It made me laugh so much that I barely noticed that the ride was already at its end. Once or twice, I even heard him scream "Save me!"

Seems like I have something to tease him with now.

"Do you need water? You were screaming so much," I asked, failing to stop myself from laughing. He shot me a glare but nodded anyway.

I got up and quickly bought two bottles of water, one for me and one for him. I tossed him the bottle and he immediately opened it and drank about half the bottle.

We spent around six more hours at the amusement park just walking around, eating and playing those carnival games, that by the time we decided it was time to go back home, it was already eight and we haven't even eaten dinner yet. Not that we needed to eat or anything, we were already full from everything that we ate in the afternoon.

"Where are you going?" I called out as he started to put on his shoes again after arriving at the apartment.
"Out," he replied.

He was going out. Obviously. I could at least realize that much.

"Oh right," he suddenly walked back to me and leaned down, planting a kiss on my cheek. "I'll get going now. See you,"

I touched my cheek, surprised at what he just did. My mind just completely shut down right now.

_____________________________________________________________________________

So, what do you think?? :)