Match Made In Trouble - Chapter Five

Match Made In Trouble (Formerly Known As What the Hell, Douche!)

Copyright © 2011 crimsonnebula

All rights reserved

Chapter Five

Picture on the side is Sydney after the makeover. I couldn't find a nice picture of her but this will have to do for now.

Enjoy! No proofreading done.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Sydney's POV

"You okay?" Gavin asked me.

We were drifting down a residential area but the houses weren't the ones with white picket fences like my neighborhood. It was huge and classy so I suspected we were on the other side of town.

"Sure. Fine," I replied curtly.

Gavin didn't ask if I wanted to talk about it. He stared straight ahead, resting one elbow on the open window. He could sense my nervousness through my answer but didn't push the subject further.

The road got narrower as we entered into a somewhat a long driveway. All you could see where trees on the side lining up endlessly. Oddly, it reminded me of a horror movie. I shuddered.

Gavin seemed to be enjoying himself. He drove along humming a tune as the afternoon air rufled his hair. I huddled in the passenger seat, arms folded.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked him.

He shot me a smile. "Nothing. Just excited that's all."

I couldn't think of anything to say. I was smarting at Shelly's last words to me in the lunch room, but I couldn't explain this to Gavin. This would earned me an earful of lecture.

He looked at my face and his smile faded then went back to eyeing the road.

The driveway seemed to be endless as I watched absentmindedly on the trees, not minding my surroundings. My mind was still stuck on my decision and may I add, a reckless one. After a few minutes, the car had halted to a stop.

"We're here," he announced, breaking me out of my reverie.

I blinked my eyes then craned my neck to look out the window.

Holy guacamole!

If my eyes were deceiving me, I say that is one heck of a massive house, inspired by the classicist. The windows were big and tall, and behind it were velvet drapes that were fastened with a golden rope. On the front door were four pillars, two on each sides.

I turn my head to face Gavin with a surprised look. "You live in that...that..." I stuttered, not really sure what to describe that ginormous structure. I knew Gavin was wealthy, heck his dad donated lots of money for our school but this house had redefined it all.

It was definitely huge in all its grandeur beauty.

He chuckled. "Yeah," he said in confirmation. "It's just a house Syd."

I rolled my eyes. "Are you crazy?" I asked in disbelief. "My house could fit in there."

"Let's just get inside, Syd."

We got out of his car and headed for the front door. On the way, my eyes darted to the side and I gasped, marvelled at the manicured hedges and abudance of flowers, in all colors and variety. It felt like I was in a different world and was enthralled by its ethereal beauty.

Amused by my expression, Gavin chuckled and started to drag me by the arm. "You look like you've been strucked by lightning."

Huffing, I yanked my arm out of his grasp and narrowed my eyes, "It's not everyday that you get to see a house as beautiful as this."