Match Made In Trouble - Chapter Two

Match Made In Trouble (Formerly Known As What the Hell, Douche!)

Copyright © 2011 crimsonnebula

All rights reserved

Chapter Two

Picture on the side is Gavin (Danny Schwarz)

Enjoy! No proofreading done

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Gavin's POV

For the love of anything that was holy. Why so early in the morning? My dad sure do know how to ruin my day.

"Gavin, Krista is a great girl. She'll be a good girlfriend for you. Can you just give the girl a chance?" My dad, Kirk, pleaded with earnest blue eyes as he tried to convinced me."Come on son, make daddy happy."

I snorted at this. Krista? That deranged blonde egghead was certainly the definition of a sociopath. How could he force this upon me? If I was going to be in a relationship with a girl, she should at least be sane. But noooo! My dad just had to choose a girl who I secretly think was an escapee from an asylum.

Krista A.K.A psycho female dog was the daughter of my dad's friend and rival company of Matthews Enterprise, Gregory Conner. He was the owner of Conner Industries and I must admit his company was up to par with my dad's. They were best of friends since high school and they thought playing matchmaking for their children was a fun way to past the time from their boring corporate world. The day he introduced that girl to me was the day that marked my impending doom which I could tell was not far from where I was standing. Overly exaggerated, I know but who the freaking cares. That she devil literally made my life a living hell.

"Dad, Krista is anything but great. That girl keeps hounding me like a bloodhound. Does she have personal space, " I paused doing air qoutations on that part. " as part of her vocabulary? She's crazy!" I was like a broken record repeating the same old crap over and over again to the point it was doing my head in.

My dad glowered at me clearly not pleased. "Gavin, that is no way to talk about a nice girl."

"Oh yes I can dad. You don't know Krista. To you, she's sweet as an angel but to others, she's the devil reincarnate," I sneered at him. He only saw the sweet side of her because that was the whole masterplan, to sweet talk her way to me starting with daddy dearest.

His eyes turned cold, an odd look that was clearly out of character for my dad. To be honest, he was a great man, a big sweetheart. He loved my mom very much and pampered his kids with tender loving care but when it came to the company, he was dead serious so was this matchmaking with Krista which I had no idea why he was so pushy about it, "Gavin James Matthews, you will not disrepect Krista and especially me."

I sighed. This was no use, no use at all. I needed to get out of here. "I gotta go. I'm going to be late for school," I slung my backpack on my shoulder and spun on my heel to get out of this suffocating house.

"Don't you turn your back on me young man," he ground out with gritted teeth.

I glanced over my shoulder taking in his livid face. It was uncanny how I took after my dad. I had his dark brown hair, piercing emerald green eyes and straight nose. I hardened my gaze and spoke with pure acid in my voice. "You don't have the right to dictate what I can do or can't do. Stay the hell out my life."

With that, I walked out of the door. Leaving him furious.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

School was the only place where I didn't feel restrained. It was my personal playground and a place away from all the pressures of being an heir of a multi billion company and of course from that she-who-must-not-be-named.

As I walked along the crowded corridor, I couldn't help but let out a smirk. These people worshiped the ground I walked on.

Who wouldn't.

I was Gavin Matthews, the troublemaker.

Last time I checked, I burned down half of the Chemistry Lab just for the sheer curiousity of mixing two wrong chemicals together.

It was one hell of a kaboom I tell you but, it literally put a huge dent on my father's fat wallet and a month of house arrest. Unfortunately, my old man could be dense half of the time. I had ways of sneaking out and the old fart didn't know I had ninja skills.

I had my player moments. Yeah I know typical but a guy had needs. But, I wouldn't named it as needs. I'd rather named it as moods and I don't just hook up with any girl. She had to have taste and a little bit of intelligence in their wouldn't hurt. Obviously, sluts were taken out of the equation like Shelly for example. Thinking about her name made my skin crawl. Brrr!

I was heading for my locker when something or someone bump into me followed by a loud thud.For a tall and buff guy like myself, the impact didn't affect me.

"Oh my gosh. I'm sorry." someone apologized in their sweet melodic voice.

Looking down, I quirked my eyebrow in surprise. It was Sydney Andrews, the school's teachers pet. My day had turned from bad to weird.

I held out my hand to help her up. "It's okay. I wasn't looking." I said doing a single shoulder shrug.

She took my hand gingerly and gave me a sheepish look, "No, it was my fault," she apologized as I pulled her up from the ground and let go once she was standing straight. She shot me a grateful look and smiled shyly.

I chuckled. "Stubborn aren't you?" I said in amusement. As I took in her appearance, my smile was replaced with a frown. She looked awful. Her crystal blue eyes were puffy red and her chocolate brown hair was tied into a sloppy bun. There were tear tracks on her cheeks, a clear sign that she had been crying.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked, genuinely concern for this vulnerable looking girl.

She looked away and sighed, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"You're lying," I blurted out. Okay, what the hell was that?

She snapped her head back. "No I'm not lying." she ground out through gritted teeth.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. Classic female denial. "Fine. If you say you're fine then you're fine. Who am I to contradict," Arguing with a girl was one of my least favorite to do things so it would be pointless to dwell further.

With a sigh, I stared at her crystal blue eyes that I weirdly find hypnotizing at the moment. But again, my frown found its way back on my lips as I saw she was teary eyed but what for? I'd hope it wasn't about my busybody attitude but her eyes were trained on a different direction. Curiosity got the best of me so I turned around to see what she was looking at.

Oh.

OH!

She was looking at Craig and Shelly making out by the lockers but was Craig her boyfriend?

"Uh Syd, is that your boyfriend over there? Why is he making out with that slut?" I asked. I was actually counting the days that douche would show his true colors. For a jock to date a nerd like Sydney wasn't something what you call a power couple. There was bound to be hiccups on the way and this was it.

She let out a shaky breath, a tear making its way down her cheek, "Was my boyfriend. He broke up with me yesterday in front of his friends." she started backing away shaking her head. "I have to go," She spun on her heel and run off to god knows where.

I sighed.

I had a vivid imagination that she would be sleeping at night with a broken heart for as long as this heartbreak could take her.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

HEHE! Didn't expect that POV didn't you? :D

Song choice of the moment:

Try sleeping with a broken heart by Alicia Keys

Poor Sydney :(