I took a deep breath and looked around then gave a humorless laugh at where I had run to. I was a block away from Quinn’s house, the same spot I ran to the night of the party.

He had chased me down and comforted me; calmed me somehow and we spent the night just talking. I ended up going to his place and sleeping over. He said that his dad was away for the week on important business so it was okay.

I wonder if he was home now? I needed someone to talk to…I closed my eyes and thought back to the night of the party…

Flash back

I was crying so hard I had begun to hiccup. I wanted to tell her, I wanted to stop it, but every time I picked up the phone the vision would change but the outcome was always the same, no matter what I said. Telling Kayla to stay at home, or telling Snow to keep them away or asking Kayla to meet me some place which was far from where she would die, only made the details change but the end result was always the same, Kayla would get suspicious and anxious to get to me and it would make Snow think that I was crazy calling Kayla to help her save me, Kayla would come… there was just no way I could see in saving her, the only thing I could do was sit back and watch, driving myself crazy trying to think up ways of stopping it. Maybe I am crazy, maybe I am going insane.

Snow didn’t seem to understand what I was saying at the Mayor’s house, what I was trying to say. I closed my eyes and saw Kayla die, the vision replying over and over in my head with such clarity that I had nearly thought it was happening right in front of me.

*** Vision***

Kayla and Rose where in the car, heading towards the house to get their bags, Kayla had forgotten some important notes in her desk at school, Rose had offered to drive her seen as she was on her way into town to pick up some supplies they might need for their trip to the safe house.

“Any idea of how they found out about us?” Rose would ask Kayla. They were talking about the info Snow found at the mayors place.

As soon as Snow called they packed their things up and prepared to leave. What Snow didn’t know was by warning them of the danger she was actually sending them to their doom. I had tried to warn her… I think I had made her forget tonight when I tried to tell her… but they would still head out into town, always a reason would come up. A movie night while we partied at the Mayor’s, a quick trip into town to window shop or research something, whatever the detail, they would always end up going into town, riding down that road at that exact time.

“No, but I might have an idea.” Kayla would say. She thought that Quinn told his dad about us and in return, Quinn’s dad had warned the mayor to look out for us, seen as his daughter and nephew attended school with us.

“Really, care to share?” Rose asked, glancing over at Kayla. Kayla was staring out of the window thinking about Jake. She was secretly happy that we got pulled out of this place. It meant that Jake wouldn’t be at risk of turning and that she had more time to develop a cure, a cure that she would be too late to make. She didn’t have much time, she had noticed that Jakes temper was getting shorter and that this ‘mission’ might have just been enough to push him over the edge.

But now that they were evacuating… she had hope again. She secretly smiled to herself as she stared out the window, just about catching a movement within the woods.