Chapter 1

I was running for what seemed like hours, and I was starting to get really tired. I gave in to my pure exhaustion and collapsed, looking up into the blue sky. Fluffy and thin white clouds lazily dotted the sky.

" Ughh, what time is it? 4:18.... I need to be home soon, or I'll miss the train..." Slowly, I sat up and brushed my hand through my tangled sandy hair, the scent of sweat and shampoo arose in the air. Groaning I headed towards the locker rooms of the gym.

I yanked off the sweaty blue tank-top and threw on my tan blouse, then quickly switched my gym shorts for my jeans. Before exiting I said a quick good-bye my friend April, a very sporadic red head, who had just finished with her last set. Then I took my leave.

=======================================================================

The walk to the train was usually short, but the smell of baked goods drew my attention to a open bakery which happened to be near a coffee shop, and I was in desperate need of caffeine. Giving into peer pressure, I rummaged through my wallet and pulled a crisp twenty. I walked into the coffee shop and ordered an iced peppermint latte, extra whip cream.....curse my cravings. As I exited the shop I casually sipped on my coffee, when a pained groan was released into the air. Curiosity got the best of me, and I went to investigate the noise.

A man with shaggy blonde hair was getting the living shit beat out of him. His attacker had trimmed brown hair and pale skin. Being stupid and extremely arrogant, I quickly rushed into the scene and tried throwing the attacker off.

Being only 5'3 and weighing in at a "whopping" 137 pounds, my advantages were quite off. The victim looked over at me with a swollen face full of confusion, as did the attacker. The confusion in the attacker gave the victim enough time to escape the attacker's grasp.

The victim started to make a break for it, only to trip. The attacker sighed, "You know Martin, if you just paid back the money, we wouldn't be in this mess....Or are you really just a Nemo?" His voice was thick with and unknown accent. (If you don't know...Nemo is a name for Nothing or Nobody)

Martin's broken face drew a clear expression of panic. Quickly he pulled himself to his feat and rushed to my side. "Drew, this chick has the money I owe you, just ask her. She was supposed to give you the money yesterday, but the dumb bimbo forgot." And with that, he ran off leaving me with this....Drew character.